We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other Quad Rentals? + Scooter License Questions

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
199 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Any other Quad Rentals? + Scooter License Questions

I've wanted to reserve quads for my family for a day touring around the island on July 18th, but every place appears to be booked already. I've reached out to Apollonas, Moto Christos, Niko's and they are all booked. I have contacted Milos Rides, although they have not responded, and their website seems to indicate a 4-day minimum. Are there any other options? These are all the ones I've seen on tripadvisor.

Second choice would be scooters, although the above places are also sold out of those as well. Kotsikas Moto looks like they may have availability on their website (although they didn't respond to my email from a couple days ago), but does anyone know what the license/age requirements are for renting a 125cc scooter? We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teenagers ages 18 and 16). All of have USA car drivers licenses. Are we all eligible to ride a scooter? Ideally I was hoping to get 4, because I'm sure it would be more fun to drive rather than being on back. However, I don't know if a different license type is required?

I guess I thought it would be easy to rent a quad, but am quite surprised to see everything booked up already. Very disappointing. Unless there are other options just not on tripadvisor?

1 reply
Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other Quad Rentals? + Scooter License Questions

Legally, you need a motorcycle endorsement on you US driver's license to rent a scooter. There are places, however, who are willing to rent a scooter smaller than 90cc with just a basic license.

I finally got a motorcycle license because I was finding that on some islands, I could rent a bike but on others I couldn't.

Quads are fine with a regular license.

Reply to: Any other Quad Rentals? + Scooter License Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted