We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Singapore
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Hi

Would like to know bus schedule from Zhanjiajie to Enshi. How long does it take? How do we buy bus tickets? How many days advance?

Also, by taxi how long does this take?

9 replies to this topic
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
12,211 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

One bus in the morning, 9:30 is the current schedule, cost RMB 110. Takes about 4-ish hours (they will make a comfort break during the trip). I'd buy the bus ticket a day in advance, more if you are traveling over a holiday. A Zhangjiajie hotel/hostel could also order it for you. It's spectacular countryside.

Regular commercial taxis cannot make this journey; it is too long and crosses provincial/jurisdictional boundaries. You'd have to get a private car/driver and I have no idea what it would cost, probably RMB 1500-2000 since the driver has to cover his time/expenses back to Zhangjiajie. The roads used would be mostly the same as the bus, so the main advantage of private car/driver is being able to leave when you want and stop when you want.

Edited: 01 April 2018, 23:55
Singapore
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Thanks for the reply.

Zhangjiajie, China
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
3. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

After arrive Zhangjiajie,please go to bus station to buy ticket,before 5:30 pm as off work around 5:30 pm.Buy tickets need passports please bring with you. The bus is nice,take the same time as a taxi,but taxi would be old/dirty smelly/small space,not as comfortable as a private car which cost the same with taxi.

Pamplona, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
155 reviews
4. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Hello.

I want to go from Zhangjiajie to Enshi by bus. After I have to take a train from Enshi to Chongqing.

How long is from bus station from Enshi to train station in Enshi?

The bus departures at 9.30 from Zhangjiajie? In 4 hours Will be in Enshi?

Thank you!!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
12,211 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Enshi bus to train station is less than 30 minutes by taxi. If you are leaving on a ZJJ bus to Enshi at 09:30, I would not book an Enshi-Chongqing train earlier than 15:30 departure and 16:00 might be better.

Edited: 14 July 2018, 01:17
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
12,211 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Adding to my answer to #4: If you advance purchase a high speed D/G train ticket Enshi-Chongqing and you end up getting to Enshi in time to take an earlier train, you can check at the station to make sure a seat is available on the earlier train, and exchange your original ticket for an earlier one.

3 posts
7. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Hi, I have the same plan from Zhangjiajie to Enshi soon. how did it go eventually? Do they allow to buy tickets with passport?

3 posts
8. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Hi, do you know if one can get bus ticket using passport? What I know is that you cant buy ticket online with passport.

1 post
1 review
9. Re: Zhangjiajie to Enshi

Hi. How did this go for you? How much was the taxi between Enshi bus station and the high speed Enshi rail stations? Thanks!

Reply to: Zhangjiajie to Enshi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted