We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Changsha to Zhangjiajie (on 10th of September)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
36 reviews
From Changsha to Zhangjiajie (on 10th of September)

Hi,

we will be travelling from Guilin by train to Changsha South train station and then we need to travel to Zhangjiajie.

We were wondering what would be the best way to get to Zhangjiajie from there? We are a bit worried as neither of us speaks Chinese so we would appreciate some help. Would you recommend the bus over the train? I have found a train on Ctrip at 18.32 which takes 4 hours 26 mins (soft seat) but that is quite late arrival. Would you suggest taking a bus instead?what bus station would be our best option? how to we recognise which bus to take?where do we buy tickets?I am a bit worried about the toilet situation:-) Do the trains have toilets?

I normally like to organise everything in advance but it seems there is no way to have this arranged before we get there?

Thank you very much for your help,

Veronika

5 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: From Changsha to Zhangjiajie (on 10th of September)

Train has toilet, squat on the hole type

I prefer train way more then bus

You can buy your train tickets 30 days in advance frok ctrip.com or travelchinaguide.com. They will charge you 5usd per ticket so i won't buy bullet train tickets online unless i am traveling on high season.

Slow train, especially if you want a sleeper berth then you better buy it in advance.

You may consider guilin to sanjiang nan (south) train station then go visit "chengyang wind and rain bridge" in nearby village. After that you can catch a slow sleeper train from sanjiang xian (county) train station (different from the first one) to zhangjiajie

Another route is to take a bus to longsheng for the famous rice terrace. After that you can take a bus to sanjiang and continue with the same slow train

Zhangjiajie, China
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: From Changsha to Zhangjiajie (on 10th of September)

You can take bus from Changsha western bus station, you can buy bus tickets in advance in the bus station, by the way, there's metro from the Changsha southern railway station to West Bus station. Good luck!

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
3. Re: From Changsha to Zhangjiajie (on 10th of September)

Halo, to anyone who had traveled from Changsha West station to Zhangjiajie by bus, Is it easy to buy the ticket? Is there any English / pinyin sign? also after we have got the ticket, is it easy to find which

bus we should get in? since I cannot speak Chinese.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
4. Re: From Changsha to Zhangjiajie (on 10th of September)

Hi, did you ever manage to travel via this bus? Do you need to pre-book your tickets? Thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,080 posts
839 reviews
5. Re: From Changsha to Zhangjiajie (on 10th of September)

What a post above meant by pre-book is to show up early at the bus station to buy the ticket.

There is no English at all in these bus station.

Reply to: From Changsha to Zhangjiajie (on 10th of September)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted