We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok one more question....

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ok one more question....

We are staying at the Hilton in North Raleigh. We have a flight Thurs morning to Mexico but we are looking to go out to a bar close to the area tomorrow night. Anything happening on a Weds night? Any bar's within walking distance to our hotel? If not a short drive is ok.

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
Mexico
Mexico
North America
NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
786 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok one more question....

There is a sports bar in the North Raleigh hilton that is supposed to be okay. There is also this place: http://www.bahamabreeze.com/ a couple blocks away, which people rave about....I have never been. But it would get you in the "tropical mood"!

I have been to neither.

And as for walking, it should only be a couple blocks, but that is not the best walking area. Not necessarily unsafe, just kinda busy streets....although Bahama Breeze is on the same side of the street.

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
Bahama Breeze
Bahama Breeze
444 Reviews
Raleigh, NC
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok one more question....

Yeah North Raleigh is very suburban and car-centric. Not much of a walking area. If neither of the above options sound good, you can do that "short drive" down Wake Forest Road just to the other side of I-440 and on the left there's a shopping center with a few options as well. Melting Pot Fondue place is one. Another is Shabashabu Thai & Sushi Bar which I can say I've been to twice and enjoyed it very much both times.

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
3. Re: Ok one more question....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 17:17