We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

??????

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
??????

So many beaches and resorts. First time visitor to NC and or SC, Would like some suggestions on what area to stay. Looking at Ocean Isle, Topsail, Carolina beaches.Myrtle Beach, Murrels Inlet and Hilton Head.There are my wife and myself coming from High Point and are looking to hang out on the beach and do a little touring around. We are in our mid fifties and quite active no mobility issues. Have been looking on VRBO, so many places. Thanks for your help.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
11. Re: ??????

You know that I have been looking on VRBO for a condo rental on Wrightsville Beach and there are not many to rent. The only ones I could find there were condos in high rises. Looking more for a beach front condo ground level or 2nd floor. Any more suggestions on places close to Wrightsville Beach. Thanks.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
12. Re: ??????

I can't help you with condos in Wrightsville Beach. Sorry!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
13. Re: ??????

There has been a slight change of plans, we will be flying in and out of Charlotte. So after High Point we will be going back to Charlotte to pick up our car rental. It appears that Charlotte is closer to the coast than High Point. As well some people have indicated that Wrightsville Beach would be a good place to stay. We are kind of looking for a condo rental on the beach and there doesn't seem to be very many on Wrightsville Beach. So again I am wondering if we should just stay at Ocean Isle Beach. Thx again.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
44 reviews
14. Re: ??????

^ Charlotte is not closer to the beach than High Point...they are about the same distance. Is there a particular reason you're flying into Charlotte instead of Greensboro or Raleigh? Either of those would be closer than Charlotte to the beach.

Sorry, I can't help with the condo rental, but since it's off-season I'd think you could find some great deals on beach houses. And yes, Ocean Isle is always a great choice, too. So if you find a place there that's more to your liking you can feel confident that you'll enjoy your visit.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
15. Re: ??????

If you are flying out of Charlotte, I would also check out the Charleston, SC area.

16. Re: ??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach
Recent Conversations
More Ocean Isle Beach Topics