We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Suggestions

West Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
89 reviews
Trip Suggestions

My husband and I are coming to Ocean Isle in September to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We are staying for 7 days and are looking for things to do. What are your suggestions of things to do in and around Ocean Isle?

Hudson
Level Contributor
445 posts
1. Re: Trip Suggestions

You'll enjoy the Beach at Ocean Isle.

You can also take a day trip to Wilmington which is about a

one hour drive from OIB. There is a lot to see and do in Wilmington.

Nice Riverwalk area with restaurants.

They used to have a tour of the sights where movies and TV shows

were filmed. You may want to review the Wilmington forum for more ideas

About a hour south is Broadway at the Beach at Myrtle Beach with

shopping, entertainment and lots of restaurants.

If you like seafood, Calabash is about a 20 minute drive from OIB

Acme, Pennsylvania
2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Trip Suggestions

Calabash is a popular destination. You aren't very far from Myrtle beach either. There is a sea turtle museum, fishing off the pier and I believe you can kayak through the sound

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,880 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Trip Suggestions

I think there are some cruises you can take. You can drive to Southport (very quaint historic town) and take the ferry over to Ft Fisher and the NC Aquarium. We just hang out at the beach when we go!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Trip Suggestions

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I can't wait to get there!

5. Re: Trip Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 10:43
6. Re: Trip Suggestions

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 10:43
7. Re: Trip Suggestions

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach
Recent Conversations
More Ocean Isle Beach Topics