We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh Seafood Market???

US
Level Contributor
530 posts
50 reviews
Fresh Seafood Market???

We will be arriving in Ocean Isle on June 9 staying a week and we were wondering if anyone knew of any seafood markets close?

We are hoping to make a seafood dinner at the house while we are there - Shrimp/Crab legs/scallops.....beach bread etc. Where are the best seafood markets relative to Ocean Isle? Any website links are appreciated!

Can't wait to be at the beach.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,880 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Fresh Seafood Market???

I'm not sure about Ocean Isle, but when we're at Sunset which is the next beach south we like Bill's right before the bridge to Sunset. We also like Crabby Oddwaters restaurant upstairs.

Sometimes we ride over to Calabash and buy shrimp off the boats. That's kind of fun to do, too. The fishermen will often pop the heads off for you right then if you want. Some people think the heads give better flavor, but they creep me out too much so I prefer the headless variety.

I imagine there's a seafood place right on Ocean Isle, but I'm just not sure where. When we've been there we've stayed with friends who are vegetarians so we opted out of the cook your own seafood night in deference to them.

US
Level Contributor
530 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Fresh Seafood Market???

Ok only got one reply....thanks for the reply! Were here so thought would update with what I've found in case anyone else wondering.....bill is nice....but the. Lowest and a little more reasonable is captain jacks. We got crab legs, scallops, and shrimp and all were really good. We recommend. Wll try bills too! Will update once try them.

Ocean Isle Beach...
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Fresh Seafood Market???

Captain Jacks is close and reasonable. Sheffields store also has fresh fish and seafood - not the variety of Cpt Jacks, but good nonetheless. It is located on the causeway next to the ABC store

4. Re: Fresh Seafood Market???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach
Recent Conversations
More Ocean Isle Beach Topics