We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islander Villas or Island Park House

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
Save Topic
Islander Villas or Island Park House

Hi! We're debating between a Islander Villa Condo which is beautiful and a Island Park house that is also very nice. I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. I like the idea of the beachfront pool for the Villas but also the privacy of a house is nice. Any suggestions would be great!

Mentioned in this post
Islander Inn
Islander Inn
554 Reviews
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
15 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Islander Villas or Island Park House

Hi- That is a tough question, both have pros/cons. Our place is on the east end of the island ocean front, so I'm partial to being on the ocean. Both of these choices are on the West end (also super nice). The Islander is an older property and is right beside the pier, so there are MANY more people on the beach out in front of the property.

The house you're looking at, I believe, is at the far West end of the island, about 1.5 miles further down and about 2 streets from the beach. There will be far fewer people on the beach, so it will feel a bit more private, but you'll have to walk to the beach each time you want to go.

I think a key is whether you have children and what their ages are. If children are part of the trip, I'd tend to vote ocean-front. It is SO much easier to enjoy the beach when there is no long walk and you don't have bags and bags of supplies to take back/forth.

You can't really go wrong with either. Hope that helps! Have a great visit.

2. Re: Islander Villas or Island Park House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:42
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach
More Ocean Isle Beach Topics