We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to the beach

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
driving to the beach

I would like to know if driving to the beach daily from condos on goose creek road would be a problem with parking or traffic in late July.

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
291 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving to the beach

I have never experienced traffic on the island during the summer months. We always stay at the Ocean Isle Inn which is the blue roof hotel next to the pier. There is a parking lot in between the Inn and the pier for public parking. The pier owns it and I think charges $5 a day or more not sure. The parking lot always seems to be empty except for the weekends. On Sunday mornings a church service is held on the beach so the parking lot is pretty full. This beach a great and the whole area is quiet. We have been visiting for years now, after going to many of the NC beaches and found this one to be our favorite.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Isle Inn
Ocean Isle Inn
798 Reviews
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
15 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving to the beach

We've been going to OIB for 20 years now (WOW) and have a house on the East end of the island. Public parking can sometimes be a challenge for folks who are visiting the island beaches for the day during July and August.

I suggest you drive a little further down the beach and park in one of the public access parking lots (there are several and they are free), or drive all the way to the end of the beach (east end) where there is a large public parking lot beside the new gazebo. There are two advantages to getting away from the pier area.....1) less people, and 2) less walking to find a private spot on the beach. The far east end of the island also has a very large sandy area and at low tide, you can walk quite far out into the water.

I 'd also suggest a visit to Bird Island.....a baseball throw from OIB and fantastic for walking, jogging.

Have fun!

3. Re: driving to the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 05:09
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach
More Ocean Isle Beach Topics
;