We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'The Great Escape" in South Nags Head

Easton...
4 posts
Save Topic
'The Great Escape" in South Nags Head

Hi! We are going to be staying at the "The Great Escape" at MP 18.6 this coming summer. 8 adults and 5 kids, ages 2-8. Has anyone out there stayed here before or does anyone know anything about the property/area?

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'The Great Escape" in South Nags Head

Rather than using a cottage name, an address and rental company would help people know where the house is.

Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'The Great Escape" in South Nags Head

I know the area and if you like it quiet and fairly uncrowded, you'll love it. This is mostly a non-commercial area, and this particular house backs up to the Cape Hatteras National Park. This is my favorite part of the middle Outer Banks area. You will be close enough to restaurants and activities in Nags Head or along the Manteo Causeway. Kill Devil Hills is about 9 miles away.

I googled the house and found that it is listed by Joe Lamb Jr. I've never rented from them, but I've never heard a bad word about this company and I think you can trust the pictures of the inside to be accurate. Looks like a great house in the pictures. It's just across the beach road from the beach and there is a street with public beach access down a lot or two.

Since you have young kids, you should know that this is an unguarded beach area and the surf can get pretty rough sometimes. I'm not sure if this is an area that they flag when the beach is posted for no-swimming, but keep your eye out for the red "no swimming" flags staked in the dunes area.

Mentioned in this post
Hatteras Island
Hatteras Island
Outer Banks, NC
Outer Banks
Outer Banks
North Carolina Coast, NC
Nags Head
Nags Head
Outer Banks, NC
Manteo
Manteo
Roanoke Island, NC
Kill Devil Hills
Kill Devil Hills
Outer Banks, NC
3. Re: 'The Great Escape" in South Nags Head

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Nags Head