We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday morning on 64

ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday morning on 64

Is traffic also bad on 64 from Richmond to Hampton on Saturday morning (before 11am) or is it still worth it to drive down to 460 at that time?

Thanks!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday morning on 64

I am confused as you posted this on he NH forum. If you mean Newport News to Hampton, VA, you shouldn't have any trouble at that hour. Or do you mean Newport News to the Hampton Inn on the OBX (which is actually in Corolla)? As long as you would be on the beach by 11:00am or so, you'd be ok.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday morning on 64

When I traveled here from Fredericksburg, before we moved here full time, I would often use rt 460 in the summer to avoid I 64 and I 664. I doubt I 64 from Richmond to Hampton Roads will be a problem, but it just takes a wreck to wreck the traffic and they are always doing some sort of construction so Rt 460 was just a nice change in the summer. 460 will add a little more time but not that much and it is a nicer pace than out on the I 64 raceway.

ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday morning on 64

Thank you so much for the posts!

4. Re: Saturday morning on 64

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 15:27