We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking to visit beaches at Duck

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Parking to visit beaches at Duck

Currently in KDH with our 1 year old dog. Would like to bring her to the beach. I read that in Duck time frame that dogs are not allowed and can be off leash under control.

Drove by there today, was not able to find street parking near the beach access. I saw a lot of 'No parking' signs. Only available parking in front of stores like 'Wings' and other nearby stores along 12.

Did I miss something? Can I park along a store on 12 and walk over. Some stores do not have a sign that says you "can't" park there. Any locals can give some advice?

MD
Level Contributor
838 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Parking to visit beaches at Duck

That's Duck. There's no public parking or access to the beach.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
136 reviews
2. Re: Parking to visit beaches at Duck

Duck and Southern Shores do not have public beach access. Each town does have accesses that are available to owners and renters staying there, but you have to walk to them in Duck.

Go to Kitty Hawk or Nags Head where dogs can be on the beach and off leash if well behaved.

www.outer-banks.nc.us/newsinfo/randr.htm#pet

Edited: 11 August 2015, 03:25
Outer Banks, North...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3. Re: Parking to visit beaches at Duck

It's true. You have to be renting in Duck in order to visit a Duck Beach.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
136 reviews
4. Re: Parking to visit beaches at Duck

All beaches are public, but you can't park on the streets. To say you can't visit a Duck beach is not correct, you can. Parking is the issue.

5. Re: Parking to visit beaches at Duck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2016, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Duck