We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

California
1 post
Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

The Mountain Village Chalets, unit #1 (The Rocky Broad) is inadequate by any stretch of the imagination. It was dirty, moldy, full of mildew and unsafe for small children because of tack strips protruding from carpeting. There is mold growing under the sink in the upstairs bathroom because the wood under the sink is rotting due to a leak. The A/C was inadequate to cool the unit and when it did kick on, all of the electricity in the unit flickered. Kitchen cabinets and drawers had no pull knobs and the showers and bathtubs leaked profusely. The was no hot tub as advertised. There are holes in walls and the mattresses throughout are substandard.

This unit should NOT be rented to the public in its current condition.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
1. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

I really can't think of anyplace I'd want to stay in Chimney Rock. It's a really a cheap tourist trap. I'm glad the state bought the park to preserve it and keep it accessible, but it's not a place I'd want to stay. Next time - go to Fairfield Mountains, Hendersonville, Asheville, or Brevard.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

Fairfield Mountains? Where are they?

3. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2008, 08:29
Lake Lure NC
8 posts
4. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

Do NOT rent a house in Riverbend in Lake Lure. All rentals MUST be a period of no less than 7 days, 6 nights This is a single family RESIDENTIAL community and unless you want to abide by ALL the rules, please try Fairfield Mountains Resort. This is a resort community with pools, tennis, beach, etc. and designed for renters.

Lake Lure NC
8 posts
5. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

You may want to go to this link for the Lake Lure Blog. Go to discussions, and select Riverbend. It will give you many reasons to avoid renting there.

…lakelureblog.com/user/Discussion.aspx…

Georgia
1 post
6. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

Wow, we go there every year! We love it! We've never had any problems and the staff is so helpful.

Henry

Dalton, GA

Atlanta, GA
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

Stayed at the MVC Chimney Rock Cabin and Suite the weekend of October 24-26, 2008. Gorgeous view from atop the property, but the cabin was average at best. The kitchen was ill-equipped and the heating inside the cabin was difficult to adjust as is uses floorboard space heaters. (no thermostat!) i.e., either too hot or too cold. Also, two lamps in the suite below had burned out light bulbs and there was no detergent for the dishwasher. To me, the owner/manager should see to this prior to arrival. This cabin lacks charm as well as the basic necessities. It was relaxing to sit out on the porch and take in the surrounding mountain scenery, but I don't think we will be back again anytime soon.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
1,584 reviews
8. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

i agree with bud on this one, we've stayed in a cabin in chimney rock before, and would never do so again. the age is showing on this whole area, and particularily in chimney rock.

9. Re: Mountain Village Chalets, Chimney Rock, North Carolina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Chimney Rock