We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unfriendly, rude Bent Creek - LL Cabin Renters beware

Asheville, NC
2 posts
Save Topic
Unfriendly, rude Bent Creek - LL Cabin Renters beware

I recently rented a home in Lake Lure from LL Cabin Rentals. The home was equipped for up to seventeen people with access to a beach and two ponds.

When my family and I went to the "private gated" beach area we were met by some very unfriendly people. The security gaurd was very rude and interrogated my brother in law as to how many people were renting the house, how many cars we had and then proceeded to call the owner to gripe about our four cars that went through the gate. How many cars does it take to hold 15 people?

I was told to make my family walk and we could transport them by driving back and forth from the side of Hwy 64/74 to the beach area at least a half mile away! NONE of this was mentioned in the rent agreement or any where else.

After getting to the beach, we were met by more unfriendly people. The only friendly person we met was from Arizona. She and her family had rented a log cabin at Bent Creek (inside the gated community) She also had complaints of how the year round residents were treating her family.

According to a guard whom I talked with, those who own homes and live there year round have a "sore spot" for renters. They don't like them crowding THEIR beach, or taking their parking spots, etc.

I couldn't believe the way we were treated after paying over $2,000 dollars for the week. I was even more insulted by the security guard who was so rude to my brother in law that he didn't want to go back. The trip was just before his deployment to Iraq. I really wanted him to enjoy himself.

Chimney Rock State Park
Observation Decks & Towers, Geologic Formations, Parks, Hiking Trails
lake lure
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Unfriendly, rude Bent Creek - LL Cabin Renters beware

Welcome to Lake Lure. Soon no one will be able to rent. That will solve this bickering. Then there will be lawsuits. So these property owners will have to pay more taxes to pay for the lawyers.

22. Re: Unfriendly, rude Bent Creek - LL Cabin Renters beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Chimney Rock