We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unto These Hills

Cross Junction...
Level Contributor
19 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Unto These Hills

I'd really like to take the whole family to this...it sounds pretty amazing. We have two 3 year-olds though and I'm wondering if this will work for them. How long is the show? Is there an area nearby to step out with them if they get restless? They did well with Dixie Stampede. What time does the show end, and how long is the drive from Gatlinburg?

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unto These Hills

The show is great. If they did good at the Dixie Stampede they should be fine here. The only thing that may be a factor is that the show is in the evening. I don't recall how long it last.

The drive from Gatlinburg to Cherokee is about an hour. It is an easy drive with plenty of great views. The drive back at night is not bad either. I drove it at about midnight one time. Lots of animals on the sides of the road.

If you make the trip over to see the drama take the kids to the Island park in the middle of Cherokee. It is about a block from the entrance to the drama. Let them swim, chase ducks and play. They will love it, my 2 grandsons do and best of all it is FREE

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,780 posts
2,801 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unto These Hills

John144's advice is our experience.

We have seen Unto These Hills several times from our TreeTops base in Gatlinburg.

Slainte

NC
Level Contributor
427 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unto These Hills

My opinion is the show goes a little late for 3 year olds. Also - the drive back though the mountains at night is something to think about. Lots of bear and deer on that road. Be cautious- the deer get hit a lot. I personally would not drive 441 at night unless I absolutely had to.

Edited: 28 July 2016, 23:55
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Unto These Hills

You do have to be cautious, but driving through the Park, at night, is not a big deal. You aren't real going fast enough for it to be dangerous, or at least you shouldn't be. I like to drive through, late at night, on purpose. Stopping to check out the stars at an overlook, or just seeing what critters you might encounter..

Edited: 30 July 2016, 05:05
5. Re: Unto These Hills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2017, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee