We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cherokee Fun and Entertainment

Kenly, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Cherokee Fun and Entertainment

What is there to do in Cherokee that is kid friendly? We went back in April around the shops and it looked pretty runed down. The bears where also gone to view. As a kid we always went to Cherokee to camp and there was always some kind of event going on. I can remember dancing with the Indians. This is something I would like to share with my kids. We also like nature trails.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cherokee Fun and Entertainment

The national park is right there. Plenty to do for the kids there. Wading in the rive in downtown Cherokee would also be fun depending on their ages. You could do a trip over the mountain to Gatlinburg for go/carting and mini golf. I would spend my time in the national park. Go to Cades Cove and Roaring Fork Motor Trail.

Edited: 20 July 2016, 12:23
Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cherokee Fun and Entertainment

I assume that the Cherokee Fun Park is open. It was last year.

I would recommend spending time at the Islands park in the middle of town. In the past my son loved playing there and goofing off in the water. Last summer we to our 2 grandsons there, age 3 and 4 and they played for hours.

I would also look at doing a tubing trip down the stream. It is an easy float that they would enjoy.

In the afternoon / evening take a ride up 441 to the mountain farm museum. The elk usually hang out there.

also as mentioned above you can always take a day trip to Gatlinburg / pigeon Forge. The aquarium is good for the kids.

Bumpus Mills...
Level Contributor
83 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cherokee Fun and Entertainment

You could go over to Bryson City and take a train ride.

4. Re: Cherokee Fun and Entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2017, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee