We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to Blowing Rock

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to Blowing Rock

Looking to spend the day driving the blue ridge parkway. We are headed from NJ to Charlotte, but want to take a major detour.

Thinking the best way to do this would be to drive from NJ to Cherokee then take the Parkway to Blowing Rock, then head to Charlotte. Or I guess we could also do Blowing Rock to Asheville?

Any idea of the time it takes to drive these segments.. maybe stop 3 times total for both segments:

Cherokee to Ashville

Ashville to Blowing Rock

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to Blowing Rock

That really is a major detour! I think I would just pick up the Parkway near Hillsville, Va and head to Blowing Rock where hopefully you can stay a day or two, then on to Asheville which is well worth a detour. The BRP west of Asheville is great but it would appear to be so out of your way, I don't think it would be worth it unless you had 2-3 days to do it justice

2. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to Blowing Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2016, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee