We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Land

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,277 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Land

We are planning a trip to Gatlinburg in September. I was wondering if anyone had any input into Santa Land. The price seems kind of hefty for a kiddie park. Some of the reviews I read said that it was in need of repairs. I just wanted to get some insight into the place. We have 2 yr olds & wanted to know if they would like it....and can they do most things (or are they too small)? The Rudicoaster says "small toddlers may ride with an adult". Does anyone know if 2yr olds can ride with an adult or do they have to be a certain height??

Thanks!

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Land

Santaland is small and old. It has not changed since I took my son there 18 years ago and it has not really changed since I went there as a kid many many years ago. I say this after taking my grandson there last summer when he was 18 months old. He rode the roller coaster with me and there was other rides that he rode also. He also got his picture with Santa. The wife wants to go back again either this fall or next summer with our other grandson so he can go there once.

Is it worth it. Yes and no. Through small the grandson had fun but there was not that much to do for the cost. Yes we will take the other grandson just because it is one of those places the wife went to as a child and now the grandchildren are going. For rides and stuff there is more available in Pigeon Forge for the kids.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Land

Thanks John144. Glad to know that even little tikes can ride the coaster. Your info is just the stuff I needed to hear. What do you recommend in Pigeon Forge? Do you recommend the kiddie land at the track? What else do you think is best for a 2 yr old?

Thanks!

Alabama
Level Contributor
261 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Land

Dollywood has an area that has kiddie rides. The birds of prey show maybe interesting to you all, too.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,349 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Land

There is a large aquarium in Gatlinburg and a place called Goats on a Roof of Wears Valley road near Pigeon Forge where you can feed the animals. On the south end of the Smoky Mountains park the Oconaluftee visitors center has a small farm. There are usually some chickens running around, sometimes the hogs are in the pen and there are also some horses there at times. In the center of town in Cherokee is a stream which is very shallow and a park where its great to sit for a while. There's a neat bamboo forest right there too that you can walk thru. There used to be talking tree's but most of them were broken last time we went. There will be a couple of places where you can get photos with the indians in costume too.

5. Re: Santa Land

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2017, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Cherokee