We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to choose

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
313 reviews
Which hotel to choose

I have looked at several hotels in BR. I have narrowed it down to The Meadowbrook, Alpine Inn or Village Inn at BR. I would value some advice on which is the best one to stay - I know they are all near the centre of town which is what we want.

8 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,544 posts
152 reviews
1. Re: Which hotel to choose

I am trying my best to envision these 3 inns. I am familiar with the outside of 2. Since we have a home there, I have not stayed in them.

Meadownbrook is a little larger than Alpine, I think, has gotten mixed reviews.

I suggest reading the reviews on TA and see if that would help you. The Inn at Ragged Gardens and Azalea Garden Inn are nice also.

www.BlowingRock.com

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
408 posts
273 reviews
2. Re: Which hotel to choose

I can’t narrow it down to one of those, but I can highly recommend the Hemlock Inn, which is also in the middle of town. Have stayed there multiple times and never disappointed.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
313 reviews
3. Re: Which hotel to choose

I have looked at dozens of reviews for all hotels and going round in circles trying to pick, just wanted maybe a different view on these hotels. Have looked at the Hemlock and it also looks nice. I probably won't be disappointed whichever I choose.....

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,544 posts
152 reviews
4. Re: Which hotel to choose

Location is key, so you can walk into town. You will enjoy our beautiful area.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,887 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Which hotel to choose

I agree. I'd try to get one of the ones closest to Main Street and Blowing Rock City Park. That section of Main Street is where the little boutiques, shops, and restaurants are so if you get a hotel close by you can leave the car parked and just walk around.

NC
Level Contributor
497 posts
6. Re: Which hotel to choose

I've only stayed at Meadowbrook ( out of those three). I didn't care for it. I like Chetola.... and a little farther out - The Inn at Crestwood.

Edited: 20 March 2018, 00:29
Jonas Ridge, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
142 reviews
7. Re: Which hotel to choose

https://www.hcpress.com/news/mountainaire-in…

I know this isn't a clear reply to your question but this was in the local paper a while back.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
313 reviews
8. Re: Which hotel to choose

Thank you for all your suggestions - David K - the mountainaire looks amazing, but have whittled it down and not picked any of my choices - Blowing Rock Inn seems to tick all the boxes for us and in so handy for downtown.

Reply to: Which hotel to choose
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blowing Rock