We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing at smv

Apex, North Carolina
1 post
fishing at smv

is fishing at smv good or just talk?

5 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,892 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: fishing at smv

Not a fisher-person, but what is smv? We have a house in Boone and have been going up for the past 20+ years and I'm not familiar with that acronym or maybe I haven't had enough caffeine yet today.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: fishing at smv

Fishing is permitted all along the Parkway, most notably at Bass, Trout and Price Lakes. I would say the fishing at those locations is fair at best. Trout fishing on Boone Fork, near Price Lake can be excellent but you would need to get well away from the crowds. There are also very nice, accessible stretches on the Watauga River but that would be more Valle Crucis than Blowing Rock. I have also seen people fish in the park in town. Licenses and equipment can be picked up at Blowing Rock Hardware

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,892 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: fishing at smv

What is smv? Gimme a clue?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: fishing at smv

Yep. Anybody who can tell us what smv is can have all of my TA points.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,892 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: fishing at smv

Ah, figured it out -- Swiss Mountain Village http://www.swissmountain.com/

I haven't ever been there. If you mean the pond at the Swiss Mountain Village I don't know. There is plenty of fishing around elsewhere in the mountains and several outfitters that can take you fly fishing, etc. I'm not the person to say how "good" any of it is, but folks seem to enjoy it.

Reply to: fishing at smv
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blowing Rock