We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping near Woodstock,NY

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Camping near Woodstock,NY

I will be traveling in a 24' RV, and meeting some friends in Woodstock NY. They are staying in one of the local B&B there in Woodstock, but as we love our RV and don't have the extras stash for a B&B wanted to know if anyone had a campsite recommendation close to the city.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Catskill Region, NY
2 replies to this topic
hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping near Woodstock,NY

There are several options near, but not in, Woodstock. Kenneth Wilson State park, just a few miles west of Woodstock, is fairly inexpensive but probably doesn't have anything beyond a site with parking for an RV. If you want free with no facilities, there's a Walmart in Kingston, about 8 miles SE of Woodstock..

There are commercial campgrounds in Phoenicia (about 12 to 15 miles west) and Saugerties (about 8 miles NE, and right off the NY Thruway). In Phoenicia you'll find Sleepy Hollow and Black Bear campgrounds. In Saugerties there's Rip Van Winkle Campground and the Woodstock-Saugerties KOA.

24' isn't especially long, but I'd prefer to avoid driving into Woodstock proper with anything that's much wider than a full size van. Woodstock can get very crowded with cars and pedestrians, some of whom have the street awareness of a squirrel.

Mentioned in this post
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Saugerties
Saugerties
Catskill Region, NY
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping near Woodstock,NY

Thanks Steve, Kenneth Wilson it will be, and if full glad to have a Wal-mart close if needed. I love your squirrel analogy...but it's not just in Woodstock! Lol

Thanks, can't wait for our trip to see the fall foilage.

Jill

Reply to: Camping near Woodstock,NY
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock