We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Hampton Inn are taking bookings from May 2008 for a new Hampton Inn, which would appear to be very close to the outlets, maybe even walkable?

Does anyone know if this is a new hotel or a hotel that is changing name? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
1. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

I don't know anything about that, but do you want to stay there because you wanna go shopping??

If so: there is a shuttle bus available from NY about every hour for $ 39 round trip...

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
2. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Thanks. I have a number of reasons why I want to stay there and one of them is shopping. I know about the bus, thanks, as I have been there quite a few times before.

Just looking for some info on where specificallly the hotel is sited (I do know the area) and any other info on it from a local, I suspect. Is it a new hotel or is it a re-model? Is it by the Walmart?

The address is not coming up on google or yahoo maps.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
3. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

bump

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
4. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

still no word on this?

Their website says they are taking bookings from the 30th June.

New York City
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

This is a brand new hotel. I have been watching its construction over the past 18 months or so. It is part of a shopping center that has about a dozen stores plus a number of chain restaurants that stand alone - Pizzeria Uno, TGI Fridays, a Dunkin Donuts.

You could conceivably walk from the hotel to the Woodbury Commons - except you will be walking along a really really busy road. It is a main intersection for a number of highways - right there.

You really need a car to get around in the area. Also very close by is a SuperWalmart - open 24 hours. There are a number of other chain restaurants in that shopping area as well. If you need any other info, just ask.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
6. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Thanks, that it very helpful.

IS it beside the Outback and other retail area (Larkin Drive) where Walmart is or nearer the outlets? I know the area and am trying to imagine where it is but can't find any record of the street name on the internet.

New York City
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

No, it is on the same side of the road (route 32) as Woodbury Commons - but it is closer to where the Walmart is. If you look at a map, it is just to the right of the Route 6 exit onto Route 32 - and you can see the Harriman Thruway toll plaza from there too. The land it sits on is surrounded by highways. It is at the very back of the property - where the Kohls store is. You would drive past Kohls to get to it.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
8. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

Got it now. Thanks for your assistance.

9. Re: New Hampton Inn near Woodbury Commons??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 05:19