We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

Which Kalbarri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
JesseB85
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

My partner and I may be looking at coming to Kalbarri at the end of this year, possibly over New Yrs Eve. I’m 27 and he is 29. Neither of us have ever been to Kalbarri as adults, we’ll most likely look to camp at one of the caravan parks for approx 6 or 7 nights, just to keep costs down a bit.

I know we will need to get booking asap, can anyone recommend which is the better of the caravan parks? We like to be central to town/pub/restaurants, but near the beach also –not sure how big Kalbarri is, if you can stay in close proximity to all of that?

We’ll also want to do lots of exploring to the gorges and what not. We will bring our fishing rods also. We won’t have a FWD though. Do we need one to enter Kalbarri National Park? Any must do’s or see??

Also are there any events held on NYE, at the pub or restaurants? Being just the 2 of us we’ll probably want to go out somewhere on NYE.

Thanks all.

8 replies to this topic
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,667 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

If you don't get any answers here I'd strongly suggest having a look at the Kalbarri Visitors Centre website as they would surely have up to date information, especially WRT New Year's Eve events.

www.kalbarriwa.info

2. Re: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2012, 19:05

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,667 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

Sorry Caroline but self promotion is strictly forbidden on TripAdvisor. Have a look at the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up.

Kalbarri, Western...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

Sorry i didnt realise.

My appologies

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

Hi we just got back from kalbarri last weekend. we didnt stay at a caravan park but the murchison river caravan park looked really popular. Very central to town and restaurants.

6. Re: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 March 2012, 04:05

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

Hi

Kalbarri does not have a great deal in the way of nightlife. There is one pub and a tavern, plus a few restaurants. There may be some activity in either the pub or tavern but don't expect a big event!!

I have been there on New Years Eve a few times (as I have family live there) and it is a pretty quiet affair.

If you contact the tourist centre they would be able to let you know if anything is on.

The Murchison caravan park is the one that is right in the main street so walking distance to pubs, restaurants etc. The Anchorage is a little walk away.

To get to the 'beach" you do have to drive out a bit as it is actually the river mouth that is right in town. Only about 5 minutes or so to get to the beach though.

A 4wd is much better to get to the gorges, but again if you contact the tourist centre they can best advise you. They are really great with advice and info so either email them or give them a call.

Not sure how much the caravan parks charge but the Palm Resort is quite cheap. It is an older resort but still great. I have stayed there a few times. It is just up a side street and takes about 3 minutes to get to town.

I love Kalbarri for it's restful, relaxing atmosphere, but also lots to see and do.

Enjoy.

Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri

We are currently in Kalbarri with small children so I can't comment on the nightlife but have noticed 2 or 3 taverns and pubs. There is a lot to do and see here and most of the accommodation is central and in walking distance to everything. My favourite activity has been a visit to the gorge (z-bend, loop and natures window). This is about 30 kms out of town and we do not have a 4wd. We hired a small tinny today and took the kids fishing upriver. There are also kayaking options. We have not done the "under the stars cinema" but that is also an option.

Edited: 15 October 2012, 18:51
Reply to: New Yrs Eve in Kalbarri
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalbarri
More Kalbarri Topics