We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whale watching in gepgraphe bay/where to get fresh seafood?

Which Dunsborough hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Petaling Jaya
Level Contributor
90 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
whale watching in gepgraphe bay/where to get fresh seafood?

Hi!

My friends and I will be off to Perth this Friday and will be heading down to Dunsborough on the following Monday, then onward to Shoalwater on Wednesday. Need advice on 2 things:

1) Where's the best place for whale watching from the coast - Cape Naturaliste or Cape Leeuwin? And would mornings be better than evenings to catch sight of them?

2) Is there any fish market in Geographe Bay or Shoalwater/Rockingham that sells fresh seafood a la Kailis in Fremantle? We just love those fresh oysters and cooked crabs & prawns!

Thanks in advance,

powen

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,695 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whale watching in gepgraphe bay/where to get fresh seafood?

1. Drop in and ask at the Dunsborough Tourist Bureau on arrival. They can give you up to date information on most recent sightings and locations. Best time from the coastline is before the sea breeze/when the water is calm so that you can differentiate between whales spouting and wind splash! So mornings...

2. Sorry can't help. Not a seafood person.

Petaling Jaya
Level Contributor
90 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whale watching in gepgraphe bay/where to get fresh seafood?

Thanks PerthiteOZ! That's a good suggestion. I will do just that .... and possibly ask them about the seafood around that area as well! ;-)

Regards,

powen

3. Re: whale watching in gepgraphe bay/where to get fresh seafood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 21:16