We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Viuda del Diablo in Punta del Diablo

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
149 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
La Viuda del Diablo in Punta del Diablo

Once again thanks much to all of the TA folks on both the BA and Uruguayan forums who have given advice. You truly make our trips so much better. A special gracias to Punta Lugano and Ozinuru for always going the extra mile with their help and advise.

Our 5 weeks in these spots were barbaro (magnificent) a saying the South Americans use which I love. BA was two weeks at each end of our vacation and we spent three glorious weeks in Uruguay. This is a beautiful country full of wonderful people, decent and tranquil. Always going out of their way to help you at every turn and they so appreciate that you love their country. The culture, food, wines and their way of life is the best. We felt fortunate to return and truly have time to thoroughly explore. The country is gorgeous particularly the Rocha department and also the Canelones and Sierra areas. Interesting that few Americans know about it and fewer travel there which is a shame.

Folks have said a great deal about the exceptional and more familiar places such as Punta Del Este, Igancio, etc. but I do want to encourage you to visit a MUST location and that is Punta del Diablo which I will describe below. As most know, resorts such as the Sheraton Colonia, the Four Seasons in Carmelo and the Mantra or L'Auberge in PDE are quite scarce once you get outside of those areas and into the Rocha department.

We were blessed to find a magnificent place in Punta del Diablo called La Viuda del Diablo and we recommend it highly. We booked hoping that what we saw on the web was for real because in comparison to a lot of other places in a lot of other towns it seemed amazing.

The hotel/restaurant and bar is located on the La Viuda beach which is removed from the main part of town and closer to beautiful homes that are being built by wealthy Argentines and Brazilians. The beach is virgin, spectacular, unpopulated with 20 foot dunes right outside your hotel room window. Unbelievable.

The hotel consists of nine rooms that have been elegantly done. Great king beds, beautiful bedding, huge spa in the room and floor to length windows and doors to bring in the magnificent location. There is a restaurant and bar that should be given a 5 star designation. Unbelievable food and drinks. The staff is superb and caters to your every whim - they function as a team/family. No TV, phones, radio or newspapers.....barbaro.

This place is the creation of Osvaldo Muratorio who is an Argentine interior designer and hotelier. He knows how to run this intimate and first class establishment. Osvaldo is also the manager of the Esturion Hotel in Punta Del Este as well as a place in Bariloche. He is such a great guy. You can reach La Viuda on www.laviudadeldiblo.com and e-mail infor@laviudadel diablo.com.

If you want a first class experience that is romantic, relaxing and comfortable in one of the most pristine and wild locations....this is for you.

Reply to this post

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
149 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Viuda del Diablo in Punta del Diablo

Correction on contact information:

www.laviudadeldiablo.com

info@laviudadeldiablo.com

Oooops...so sorry

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Viuda del Diablo in Punta del Diablo

Hi

Thank you for your information I am going to Uraguay in October my first time in South America I will be meeting some locals who are friends but I am very Excited and your hins and tip have been well logged

Thank you

Rena Mcgregor

3. Re: La Viuda del Diablo in Punta del Diablo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Punta del Diablo
More Punta del Diablo Topics