We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaruants in Skaneateles

rochester
1 post
Save Topic
restaruants in Skaneateles

Can anyone recommend a great family rest. in Skaneateles?

Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

There is a great restaurant called Rosalie's that is a "fancy" Italian restaurant, great food and a casual atmosphere for fancy cuisine. Also a restaurant owned by Kabuki (across the street by the pier) which is casual and has good food.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

Here are several - check out their websites - they are all great, but the choice may depend on how much you want to spend.

Rosalie's is wonderful - but very popular, be prepared to wait.

www.rosaliescucina.com

Doug's Fish Fry is casual, but very good. Get it to-go and picnic near the lake.

www.dougsfishfry.com

I have heard this place is great but I have not been yet. It is only a few miles from Skaneateles.

Elderberry Pond Restaurant

www.elderberrypond.com

Auburn, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

Joe's Pasta Garage has a wonderful menu, also, and is great for families; very casual and affordable. Check it out at www.joespastagarage.com

Fulton, New York
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

Johnny Angel's (on Jordan St.) has excellent burgers and fries, as well as other light fare. It's cafeteria style, and no bargain for this sort of service (except this is Skaneateles, which is upscale). For bargains, the natives may go to the Hilltop, on Genesee St, west of the village--a large, short-order sort of place. The quality of food at Johhny Angel's recommends it, however. There is parking in the large lot at the rear.

florida
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

The best restaurant in Skaneatelas is the 1829 House restaurant. The food is exquiset, the atmosphere is divine, the service wonderful. My compliments to the young couple who have obviously worked very hard to make a superb restaurant. Everyone should try this wonderful place for a truly enjoyable experience.

new york
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

bluewater grill is right on the lake and seating is available outside... it is resonably priced with large portions and outstanding service... adjacent to it is the sweetwater cafe that has fantastic ice cream, coffee, sandwiches, and breakfast.... i would also recommend kabuki across the street... it is by the same owners of bluewater and sweetwater... it is the best sushi resturant ive ever had... the only resturant i would advice against is johnny angels... if you go to skaneteles i wouldnt go to a burger place that you go to at home

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

For the family, Doug's Fish Fry is great. Also, I disagree with the earlier posting about Johnny Angel's. I think its a great smalltown burger joint that is extremely kid-friendly. Plus there is more than just burgers on the menu. Pasta Garage is also good and Valentines is a great little deli and pizza place.

Syracuse, NY
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

We take our kids (8 &11) to Blue Water Grill or Joe's Pasta Garage. Suggest you get there on the early side for dinner to avoid waiting.

9. Re: restaruants in Skaneateles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 17:28
Get answers to your questions about Skaneateles