We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Santorini

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Santorini

Hi,

I am planning our honeymoon on July 2018. I have heard Oia is the place to stay, however the luxurious hotels I want are VERY expensive.

I want our santorini part of the trip to be the most romantic and relaxed. I want a hotel that has restaurants nearby.

I can get a luxurious hotel in Imerovigli for about 2/3 of the price in Oia, is it worth it? or should I just stay in Oia. I have a budget of about $400 dollars per night.

HELP! If you can recommend hotels that would be great too :)

22 replies to this topic
Horsham...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

Although we drank plenty of wine on our trip we did not get to a tasting. I heard good things about Art Space and Santo Wines but I'm sure other would be able to provide first hand experience.

We worked with our concierge at the hotel to book our boat tour, ATV rentals, horseback riding tour, and couples massage once on the island. We did a mix of booking on our own and through the concierge for dinner reservations. These you will want to do in advance as the choice dinner spots fill up in high season. The boat tour you want to try to do once on the island because they can look at the weather forecast and winds for the week.

England
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

Hi Maria,

Wow - cannot believe this but i’m currently researching for my honeymoon in Oia too for the exact same dates! Would it be ok if we got in touch privately to discuss our ideas? Many thanks, Lottie x

Edited: 26 November 2017, 22:34
Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

Wait until you're there to book any boat tours. The seas can get very rough if the winds are too strong, which does occur in July.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7,416 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

I have been to Santorini twice. Oia is definitely the place to stay. The first time I stayed in a cave hotel. But it had something like 100 steps up to the main street. The price of cave hotels see to have gone through the roof. Last year I stayed in another hotel, which wasn't probably spectacular enough for a honeymoon, but it had a lovely pool and was a fantastic place to see the sunsets every night. I didn't need a cruise. Just a glass of wine in the pool. You can take the bus to Fira, which I do recommend. A couple of great museums, and if you like gold jewellery, well, what can I say? Gold Street is a wonderful place to window shop.

Blackwood, New...
Level Contributor
171 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

Take a look at Anastasis Apartments in Imerovegli. The views are out of this world, and it is more affordable. it was voted most romantic hotel in the world. check out my review!

Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

Maria,

We are also booking our honeymoon but in September. Which hotel did you go with? There are so many choices. Also if you could send me info on what you planned I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

My husband and I are going this September what hotels do you recommend? Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7,416 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

Have a look at Dreamland Houses in Oia. Just 5 minutes from the busyness but in a tranquil place overlooking the sea - up high - with beautiful views of the sunset. Lovely pool and staff. My travelling companion broke her ankle and they were just so helpful and caring

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
431 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

Have you checked out airbnb for options? I found this one for your dates and its super cute! What it lacks in luxury it makes up for in privacy, and its way under your budget... money saved toward your next trip, because I'm sure you will already be planning your return visit to Greece before you even leave!

And, congratulations!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/636145…

M D
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Honeymoon in Santorini

Wine tours are expensive and not worth it, unless you plan on drinking on site. The vineyards are also small vs those in California or France. We went to Boutari and 30 minutes was enough to do wine tasting and a tour. There are others but I would classify them as boutique vineyards vs California.

Reply to: Honeymoon in Santorini
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted