We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping in Zanzibar

Port Elizabeth...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Tipping in Zanzibar

When staying in Zanzibar on an all inclusive package, do you have to tip a waiter every time he brings you a drink ? This would seem excessive as one would normally have quite a few drinks every day. Can yo not just give a tip either at the end of each day or at the end of your stay ?

How much do you tip your tour guide?

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
All-inclusive hotels in Zanzibar Island
Baraza Resort & Spa
Baraza Resort & Spa
#2 of 8 hotels in Bwejuu
Chumbe Island Coral Park
Chumbe Island Coral Park
#12 of 175 hotels in Zanzibar Island
4 replies to this topic
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping in Zanzibar

Not the same waiter for all days but you can asks waiter if services you until the departure day if not better to tip end of services. Some lodge/hotel daily charge the waiter.but also there is tip box for staffs that I can share the tip.

Stone Town, Tanzania
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping in Zanzibar

The tips is unnecessary and there is no special amount to give a waiter but for your own decision you can gove him anything and he can’t blame if it’s little amount

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
27,961 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping in Zanzibar

I tip at the end of my stay.

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping in Zanzibar

Tipping is not obligatory, it is the sense of how you appreciate the service given to you by people who serve you at different occasions, you can leave a tip of 2$ per end of day or 10$ at the end of your stay at the hotel, but remember tipping does not have fixed amount, you can tip any amount you want based on your feelings towards the people who serve you.

Reply to: Tipping in Zanzibar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Island