We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfside or Georgian?

NJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Surfside or Georgian?

Hello,

My sister, niece and decided to spend a long weekend at Lake George at the end of summer. None of us have ever been there. Looking for a resort/hotel right on the lake and within walking distance to the village. I think I've narrowed it down to Georgian Lake Resort or Surfside. Scotty's was in the mix but the other two are little cheaper.

We want a place that has a nice pool, heated if possible. It's hard to tell from the pics how big the pools are, maybe both about the same.

We will probably be staying in the less expensive rooms but would still prefer a room that is on the nicer side.

Anyone have any thoughts on how one compares to the other or which you'd prefer?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you,

KathyH

2 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfside or Georgian?

Hard decision, I have stayed at both over the years. I would have to go with the Georgian although Surfside has refurbished most of its property. The Georgian still has the better Location.

IM surprised Scotty is more expensive then both these places Since IMO they would be last compared to both these places. And I have stayed at Scottys in the Past in one of there cabins.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfside or Georgian?

Any hotel IN the Village is within walking distance to anything else in the Village - the Village is quite small. So finding the hotel in your price point with the amenities you want is more important than where it is IN the Village.

If you were considering places outside the Village then location is more important (east side/west side southern basin northern basin etc) - as various places outside the VIllage have different attractions/benefits/drawbacks than those in the Village

Reply to: Surfside or Georgian?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake George
Recent Conversations