We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

speed trap

1 post
speed trap

Has anyone else been caught in a pretty darned ferocious speed trap in Keene? We were traveling through town with our family on vacation a month ago. Had just stopped to browse in a little antique shop and gotten back in the car and set off. Might (emphasis on might) have been going 10 miles over the posted (and suddenly reduced) speed limit, and were pulled over by a police man who said "I'm going to try to help you out here." I guess because we were in a rental car. What a racket?! We had to fill out a form we received in the mail 'pleading guilty' to an unclear charge. And have just received by return mail the actual ticket for $240.00. Seriously! We will not be shopping in Keene again any time soon. Watch out. I believe in driving safely, but this was a set up!!!!!

3 replies to this topic
Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
189 reviews
1. Re: speed trap

Were you going over the speed limit? Therefore there is nobody to blame but yourself. Follow the posted speed limits and there won't be an issue.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: speed trap

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time

Philly Suburbs
Level Contributor
665 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: speed trap

I don't know where Keene is, but this is every small town in rural America. I have driven through plenty of small towns at exactly 25 MPH, sometimes with a police officer following me, and come to a complete stop at all stop signs. Also, you could have asked questions before you signed the ticket.

Reply to: speed trap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Keene
Recent Conversations