We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good, reasonably-priced, casual places to eat?

New York
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Good, reasonably-priced, casual places to eat?

We'll be in Ithaca for 5 days doing a bunch of college visits. Looking for places to eat that won't break the bank. We're 2 adults & 2 teens and we like all types of food.

Also, I looked on restaurant.com but didn't see much. If there are other coupon/ daily deal sites that I should check out, please let me know. Thanks!

Scott Township...
Level Contributor
1 post
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good, reasonably-priced, casual places to eat?

Gorgers in Ithaca Commons is a place we always stop at when we are in Ithaca. Our son attends Ithaca College and if we go to visit him he always asks to go there. The bread is baked fresh daily. In fact, on our most recent visit, we had to wait for fresh bread because they had been slammed by the lunch crowd that day.The fries could not be fresher, the potato cutter is directly above the fryer. They also have vegan and vegetarian alternative menu items. The buffalo sauce has quite a kick ( I like spicy, I need extra iced tea here). The chicken in the salads and subs is not deep fried patties, chunks, or fritters, it is fresh shredded chicken. The staff is interesting too. Very casual dining, you get your sandwiches and fries on deli paper, directly on the table. Also, if you are looking at colleges, you should try to eat on campus so you get a feel for the type of food your student will be offered. My son loves the food at Ithaca College, he gets a spinach salad every time he goes in to eat. He says it is very easy to eat healthy because there are so many options for fresh food.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
10,988 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good, reasonably-priced, casual places to eat?

Viva Taqueria across from the Commons is EXTREMELY reasonably priced with good food.

The pizza place kiddie korner to the library is really good and also reasonable.

I agree with the last poster's endorsement of Gorger's.

The Ithaca Bakery and the food co-op offers deli selections that are good and won't break the bank.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
609 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good, reasonably-priced, casual places to eat?

Aladdins is one of our favorites if you like healthy vegetarian friendly food.

Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good, reasonably-priced, casual places to eat?

The Ithaca Wegmans café has many, many reasonably priced options and is definitely worth a stop as you can also pick up picnic items.

5. Re: Good, reasonably-priced, casual places to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2015, 16:15