We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day Weekend- 4 night minimum???

New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
74 reviews
Labor Day Weekend- 4 night minimum???

Hi-

I contacted a hotel in Greenport about making a reservation for Labor Day wkd but was told they have a 4 night minimum for that wkd. When I mentioned that 3 nights is usually standard practice for Mem Day and Labor Day weekends, I was told that their policy is pretty much in line with other East End hotels similar to theirs. Is that true?

Sarah

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
964 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Labor Day Weekend- 4 night minimum???

I would agree that they are "pretty much in line" - this doesn't mean that you won't find any with a three night minimum or that all have a four night minimum. Remember this is the last big weekend for the east end to make money, anything that they can do for a big push - they will. Call around and compare prices and reservation regulations. If you can't find a place then come out any other weekend until the end of October, the weather is glorious also many villages have festivals through the early fall to extend the tourist season.

New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Labor Day Weekend- 4 night minimum???

Thanks for your reply. After doing some research, I actually found that a 4 day min stay is not the norm. The Blue Inn, Greenporter and Harborfront Inn all have a 3 night min (as do most places throughout the Hamptons and Montauk.) Glad there are so many other options!

New York
Level Contributor
328 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Labor Day Weekend- 4 night minimum???

hi sunshine - wondering if you booked a stay? Where do you recommend?

4. Re: Labor Day Weekend- 4 night minimum???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 January 2018, 06:35

5. Re: Labor Day Weekend- 4 night minimum???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2018, 21:31

Reply to: Labor Day Weekend- 4 night minimum???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greenport