We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with Children

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Restaurants with Children

Hi all,

I will be celebrating my birthday for a few nights in Greenport , staying at the Greenporter. We will have a toddler in tow. I was wondering if you could offer dining suggestions. I am looking for a casual dinner and lunch/brunch as well as a nicer spot that is also kid friendly for the night of my bday. I am not sure if American Beech or Frisky Oyster would be appropriate with a toddler?

he is well travelled and used to dining out. We also would dine at 5-5:30 if that helps at all. Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
new york
Level Contributor
425 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants with Children

I found American Beech to be very clubby and not at all appropriate for kids. We didn't go at 5, so I can't speak to that, but that would not be a place I'd go with kids.

We had a nice meal there but it was loud and has a very grown-up feel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants with Children

Harbor Front Deli is casual and has inside seating, Crazy Beans is cute casual diner, Claudio's Restaurant has lots of families & 1943 Pizza Bar is fantastic.

Noah's is lovely, maybe if you ate early before other diners a toddler would be fine or maybe ask to be seated outside that way the little person can walk around if they get antsy.

American Beech would be fine also if you ate early and they have outside dining.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,531 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants with Children

I think at 5-5:30 any place you want to go would be fine. Bruce & Sons does a fabulous brunch. Best Bloody Mary anywhere. ☺️

http://bruceandsongreenport.com/menu/

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants with Children

Thank you all! I am not looking for a club scene so thanks for the heads up! I definitely something a little on the nice side for one evening.

Has anyone tried the Frisky oyster?

Edited: 15 July 2017, 10:48
Port Washington...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants with Children

I didn't realize they had brunch. I had heard about some awesome popup dinner they were doing but definitely not kid friendly. Brunch is much better.

Edited: 15 July 2017, 10:49
Reply to: Restaurants with Children
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greenport