We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help locating an inn I stayed at as a child, Catskills

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need help locating an inn I stayed at as a child, Catskills

Seeking an old white inn with a friendly Hungarian Innkeeper which was located off exit 19 along or near Rt 28. It was before Pine Hill if travelling from 87. This place was pretty secluded with no seen neighbors. A creek ran in front of the property and in front of the driveway and the inn itself was an old victorian white house. I kind of remember a big in ground pool which was not filled when I was there. The rooms were tiny and there were shared baths at the hallways end. I'm hoping someone can help me. I have spent the past few years researching and speaking to different people but have not gotten any further. I remember it was in 1986-87 the last time I visited and it was full of families with young children, most of the guests were Hungarian or eastern European. It was smaller than the hotel Budapest in Big Indian, but the property was similar in layout. I remember the Hungarian lady would ring a loud bell to announce meals and breakfast would include traditional hungarian pastries as well as crepes and other delicious meals. The place was very old and in somewhat poor condition in the 80's, so it may not even be in operation now. Any info would be so appreciated. It is one of my last and fondest memories of vacationing with my Hungarian Grandpa who recently passed and I'd like to visit to rekindle the happy times there. I've been traveling along 28 for the past few years and I can't locate the inn. Thank you so much!

The Post Cottage
The Post Cottage
#1 of 7 B&Bs / Inns in Catskill
The Kaaterskill
The Kaaterskill
#2 of 7 B&Bs / Inns in Catskill
jamesville ny
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help locating an inn I stayed at as a child, Catskills

Go to the Catskills forum.

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Need help locating an inn I stayed at as a child, Catskills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2013, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Catskill