We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedrini Lodget

rockaway beach ny
2 posts
Save Topic
Cedrini Lodget

I was just wondering if anyone remembered Cedrini Lodge in Cornwall NY...I used to go there as a little girl, about 30 years ago.

i was hoping to drive around the area this summer and was wondering near what road it use to be on.

College Point NY
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedrini Lodget

Hi my name is Joan. I also went to Cedrini Lodge as a little girl with my family and friends every summer for 25 years. When im up in the area i always pass there to see what it looks like. You will be very upset to see how bad it looks now. I can tell you how to get there. Go through the town of East Durham on 145 to the Citgo gas station it will say on the top Milk Run. Then make a left on to Brown Road take all the way to the end and then make a right on to Stonbridge Road to Cedrini Lodge.You might not recongize it because you would always see the pool, the motel and the Annex Building as your coming up the road but none of them are there anymore. What is left is in very bad shape. I still like to go up there because it brings back alot of memories. You should take a ride and see it for yourself. Nice talking to you

rockaway beach ny
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedrini Lodget

Thank you so much...I will have to go and visit, my mom (who is 80) always wants to visit when we are upstate, but neither one of us could ever remember how to get there...Thank you for your directions we will be going up in August so I will deffinatelly take the trip to drive by..

have a good summer

New York
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedrini Lodget

I just visited the site of Cedrini this past week with my children. I was very nostalgic and wanted to share my summer childhood memories with my kids.

The remnants of Villa Cedrini are delapidated and rundown. The place is abandoned. I found the shuffle board court covered in grass and other vegetation, the site of the pool is now filled with wild vegetation and the gate surrounding the pool is also in bad shape.

Cedrini was a wonderful place. I recall the amazing food prepared by Joe and Madaline's stern personality (she ran a tight ship).

The good news is that the surrounding areas is as beautiful as it always was (incredible views of the Catskill mountains) and the pond behind the lodge is still there.

There is an organic vegetable farm across the street from Cedrini now called Black Walnut Farm (about 1000 ft before you reach the lodge). I recommend stopping at the farm to get local organic produce.

4. Re: Cedrini Lodget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Catskill
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor