We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila to Olongapo

Which Olongapo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Manila to Olongapo

I will be traveling to Olongapo soon and was wondering can someone tell me whats the best and cheapest way of getting there from manila.. I've heard of these air-conditioned buses that stop every 30 minutes and the yellow taxi's but again if someone could give me some insight..Thanks

Quezon City
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila to Olongapo

its not true that aircon buses stop every 30mins. it could be much more often hehe! actually for the entire length of NLEX there is no stopping so that 30-min is not true. Then from San Fernando City all the way to Olongapo, if your bus is full and no one is getting off anywhere other than Olongpao, there is no stopping too. Now if your bus is not full from that point, driver may stop at the sight of every human being standing by the roadside :)

technique, get on a bus that goes beyond Olongapo City like any of the Zambales town as they are usually full but all pass by Olongapo anyway.

Forget the yellow taxi. its a very unnecessary drain on your wallet.

OR, try the Supercat from MOA to Bataan (Orion). Olongapo will just be a short jeep or bus ride away. This is the best as you'll avoid the traffic along Pampanga, but may not be cheapest.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,306 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila to Olongapo

From Manila, you should take a bus operated by Victory Liner. They have five terminals that are located in different cities - Caloocan, Cubao, Kamias, Pasay and Sampaloc. With the exception of the Kamias terminal, only the four others have trips to Olongapo. The nearest from the three international airports in Manila is the Pasay Terminal located along EDSA, Pasay City.

Other bus companies also ply the Manila-Olangapo route.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila to Olongapo

Thank You for the help..I really wanted to just get there the fastest and in a reasonable way..

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila to Olongapo

I was wondering does the victory liner have air-conditioned buses and is this the only bus terminal that will be a direct route...Thanks For your help.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,306 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila to Olongapo

The fastest is to hire a car or taxi from Manila. The most reasonable way is to ride a bus. Most buses are airconditioned. As I said in my previous reply that other bus companies ply the Manila-Olongapo route but I don't know their terminals because they are not as popular as Victory Liner. I never tried going to Olongapo using a public transpo but I will definitely use Victory if I have the chance to.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,287 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila to Olongapo

Hi,

Air Force,

Yes for the most part almost all the inter-city buses are fully A/C.. and in fact the A/C tends to be somewhat too cold (IMHO).. Sometimes you'll see the bus conductor and/or passengers use the window drapes (made of fabric) and roll them up to block the A/C vents from blowing on you directly..

There are some non A/C buses, but you'll know which ones those are by the fact that all or the vast majority of the bus windows will be down.. the A/C bus windows don't open as I remember them..

I'd also agree with Kegler.. I like Victory Liner, but I've also used 5 Star as well-- both from their respective Pasay terminals-- and been more than satisfied with both.. In my opinion only, the inter-city bus companies are far more similar than dissimilar.. and since it's a rather short ride, I can tolerate a fair bit... don't find one company to be far superior or inferior to the other..

Travel Safe,

Taguig City...
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila to Olongapo

Victory Liner Pasay to Olongapo fare P215 includes insurance. 3 to 4 hrs ride.

Orani, Bataan
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila to Olongapo

Seeing as how I live in Bataan, I think I can comment on that part of the journey from Orion to Olongapo. It ain't short. And you sure don't want to sit in a crowded jeepney on a hot day all the way from Orion. It will change your outlook on life. Take a first class bus with air con. If they don't have them in Orion, they do in Balanga, north of there.

Subic, Philippines
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila to Olongapo

Daily bus service is provided from the Manila area by now three Bus lines.

Victory Liner: Frequent at least hourly service from 4am to 8pm from Pasay city, Kalookan, Sampaloc, and Cubao. Non express service is also available at other times. Olongapo terminal located at the APO monument.

Saulog transit: hourly service from 2am to 2pm. departing from similar terminals plus Cavite city. Olongapo Terminal is behind the city mall at the main gate SBF.

Genesis transport has recently started service between Cubao and Olongapo first trip 4 am hourly. last trip 6:30 pm. Shares Saulog terminal in Olongapo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
1,960 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila to Olongapo

The limiting factor is the sometimes horrendous traffic in Manila.

My best guess is that when the roads are crowded, traffic moves at about six kilometres per hour on average.

Once past Balintawak or similar extremity of Metro Manila, if I can spell it correctly, the pace picks up and average speeds are fairly reasonable. And yes, the aircon on most aircon buses is way too cold, and I say that as someone who likes cold weather.

Get answers to your questions about Olongapo