We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
12 reviews
Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

Hello!

Last trip I remember driving around in Seminyak and seeing a lot of boutiques with gorgeous maxi dresses in the window. Does anyone know of any stores in any area that sell good quality maxi dresses? I am not thrilled with the current season in Aus. I'm looking to spend up to approx 70 AUD per dress.

Counting down the days 'til we're back again... 19 :)

Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

Have you tried Mist? There are a few shops around Seminyak - one is across the road from Motel Mexicola - just up the lane from Bodyworks! They sell Maxi's, kaftans etc... and many are sold in stores here in Perth!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried Mist, but I had a look at their current collection and majority of them look like nighties. I always have trouble finding maxi's as I'm so fussy.

Edited: 30 October 2013, 18:02
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

Go to a tailor and have them made exactly as you want .

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

Hi, there were a few shops I found on a recent trip on Jl Batu Belig in Seminyak that sold nice maxi dresses. One was called Frocck. Will have to find the business cards for the names of the other shops - I do have some photos - send me a pm if you would like to see the pics.

Cheers, Nelly 😃

Yarra Valley...
Level Contributor
512 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

Can you describe what sort you like? Strappy? Floaty? Shift like? A brief description might help us ladies.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

Thanks for all of the replies.

@letmeholidayforever - I have PM'd you.

@linda52 - I don't really have the time this trip, but that is definitely something I'll consider next trip.

@Kadey311 - I like flowy, thin strapped, fitted to waist (or not) Maxi's, not halter or low v-cut.

Not necessarily the pattern, but the style:

…talulah.com.au/Products/ISLA%20BY%20TALULAH…

…talulah.com.au/Products/ISLA%20BY%20TALULAH…

Edited: 06 November 2013, 14:20
melbourne
Level Contributor
557 posts
164 reviews
7. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

There are beautiful shops every where with maxi dresses we are here now try lulu Yasmin , just walk the streets you will find what you are after

Perth
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

I know you are saying you don't have time, but looking at the style you like, these are very simple designs and you would be able to get them made to fit in just a couple of days. When we went in may, had 3 dresses made at Olga tailor in 3 days with much more detail and they fit perfectly ( one needed hem adjusted but we allowed time for that as we were only thre 5 days)!

Email before you go, then pop in on your first day. They have heaps of fabric swatches to choose from. Paid $60 or each dress but you may get your cheaper if they are simple ( although getting 3 gave us some bargaining power). Let me know if you want the mail address.

Body and soul is another shop which should have some. Near bintang supermarket or at seminyak square.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
30 reviews
9. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

I'm a fellow maxi lover and tend to buy some each time I'm in Bali. My suggestion is just to boutique cruise - starting from just north of Bintang Supermarket, then onto Jalan Laksmana, and then up through Petitenget. You will find heaps! Provided you are not toooo tall. Have fun!

10. Re: Seminyak or surrounding boutiques for maxi dresses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Seminyak