We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

Happy Monday : )

Please can you help with fabulous suggestions of restaurants that have a kids menu in the evenings?

My research suggests La Lucciola does which is great & on the list

Sardine to my horror doesn't & I'm so disappointed.

Also Mama San have been quite clear children at dinner aren't given the red carpet treatment.

We just want great, innovative food, wonderful atmosphere & some outside ness to see the sun set - doesn't have to be by the sea just has to have a kiddies menu!

We have eaten at Metis - it was great. Have heard Sarong isn't child friendly. Any others?

I should add it's for the evening of Mothers Day so quite important that the Mother & child are together so no baby sitter.

Thanks very much,

Mono

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

We had Mothers Day at Cocoon Last year . It was for breakfast and they had supervised craft activities set up for the kids. Email them and see what they are doing . I was also given a beautiful bunch of flowers when we arrived.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,716 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

Hi monowilli, ahhhhh nice to be missed lol.

Apart from travelling before during and after Christmas to Singapore, Bali, kuala lumpur and Vietnam.......I have just had some major surgery.

I am half way through a long recovery now so thought I had better get cracking on the forum again lol.

I love to read what's going on when I can't be there ...and to help. :)

Cheers and thanks.

Ps I would seriously consider la luciolas

Edited: 18 March 2013, 19:40
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

I also think la lucc

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,750 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

Your daughter is such a lovely well behaved young girl,she would be welcome anywhere.

Mothers day would be lovely at La Lucciola.

Enjoy your trip xx

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

Thanks Maurs_hunny - I can't wait for Biku! We are booked in for a long lunch & tarot card reading for our last full day in Sem. So happy to hear they will welcome our little one.

Cocoon does look good Simmie, very Miami? Sounds like they do a lovely MOthers Day.... maybe we could do brunch there. I'll have a look at their website. Thanks for the suggestion as I didn't even have it on the list : )

PerthLovetotravel - your travel sounds amazing! Recovering from surgery not so much. I hope you are going well & not in pain. Yes, come back & spend some time with us!

We are so going to eat & La Lucciola MissPixieLix - Love your name so much

Tracey - you are so sweet! La Lucciola it is. Wish you both could join us then Claudia would be very well behaved with your husband there to be friends with. She still talks about that day funny girl that she is.

Thanks everyone. I am planning every meal in Seminyak/Kerobokan/Petitenget cause I can't miss out on anything!

MOno

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

Ahhh Mono a foodie like most of us......I'm going in two weeks on a girl trip. Myself and a girl friend and we love food. We have done the whole planning before on where we will eat each lunch and dinner etc, to find it just doesnt work out i.e way to full from lunch or cant be a**ed so order in room service. And then when you get home you feel so disappointed in yourself for doing that. This time we are doing a "light" and a "heavy" hat, We will put in seven names each (i'm there for a week) of restaurants that we want to go to, and decide which will be light or heavy type food....most probably on the heavy side, then we will pull a name out of those hats when we want to go out and eat....we are also planing on walking to those "heavy" restaurants. Biku have a great kids menu and my 4 & 5 y.o ate well there, home made chicken nuggets, chips and salad from memory. They also enjoyed getting on down at Potato Head. I havent be to La Luciola for about 16 years, so this time, I think I might just have to sneak down for a "light" meal.... enjoy your time

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

With respect, many people believe that they have "a well behaved child". Please think back to when you wanted a "special night " at a" special place" , only to have it spoiled by a "well behaved child" who belongs to another party.

I will qualify this by saying that kids at lunch are fine , but respect that dinner at a "Good" restaurant should be the domain of those who may want their own "special night" uninterupted.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,716 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

But boofa, ths is mothers day....I think it would be just fine :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

Mothers have adult children too......

20. Re: A fabulous restaurant that welcomes well behaved children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 08:05