We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

Singapore
Level Contributor
324 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

any recommendation? a nice resort with a good kids' club (e.g. like Club Med kids' club) where we can leave our young kids with peace of mind? tks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

Hi There...Firstly....it depends on the age of your children. Most "Kids Clubs" will take kids from the ages of 3 and up in Bali and other hotels will only take kids from 4/5 years and up. The ages of your children will determine where you will be able to leave them in a fully supervised club. Some kids clubs are not fully supervised and pending on the age of your children, they will have to have a guardian or parent present with them to be allowed in. The age of your children will determine what hotels/kids clubs you can leave them in with peace of mind.

We have stayed at Club Med 3 times and have been struggling to find another hotel that compares with activities and facilites but we have also stayed at the following hotels and although we don't leave our kids in the clubs all day everyday, our kids have thoroughly enjoyed spending some time in the following.

The Patra hotel in Tuban. the kids club is from ages 3 and up and is fully supervised and is complimentrary for inhouse guests. The hotel is in Tuban though so not too sure if this is out of the way for you. The Club is great and they have a really good outdoor area complete with swings/ trampoline/ climbing fort and their own little pool. The women in there could be a little more hands on and friendlier with the kids but all in all the club itself is good.

The Padma in Legian has a nearly brand new kids club and is fantastic. Our kids loved this one the best. It is complimentary for inhouse guests and is from ages 2 and up. They have a great outdoor area aswell as an indoor area and the people in there are absolutely fabulous. Our kids took a shining to the ladies in there which meant we felt comfortable to leave them for a couple of hours here and there.

Bali Madira in Legian - has a fully supervised Kids Club but is a little small and is, from memory, ages 4 and up...it could be 5 and up. Cant remember....It looked nice but we didn't leave the kids here and we stayed with the kids whilst we all played with toys to get our "toy fix"....and let the kids unwind a little...

Havent stayed anywhere else in Legian or Seminyak with a kids club so I can't comment on any others. I know that the Bali Dynasty is very popluar but we haven't stayed here so again...I can't comment. We are heading over in March and have booked the Bali Garden Hotel in Tuban and the Westin in Nusa Dua. We usually stay in Nusa Dua for most of our stay as these hotels tend to cater more for kids and the kids clubs are more along the lines of the one you will find at Club Med....

Hope this helps...

Cheers and happy travels.....

Singapore
Level Contributor
324 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

thanks so much for your info!

my kids are 4 and 5 year old.

my husband and i are thinking of doing 1-2 rounds of golf in bali, so would need to find a kids club that we can leave our kids there for at least 6hrs with a peace of mind. so something like Club Med's kids' club quality but not at Club Med's prices. the resort not necessarily need be in Seminyak/Legian though would be good.

would it be ok to leave my kids for most part of the day at Padma resort or Dynasty resort?

Singapore
Level Contributor
324 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

upon consideration, i think i would wanna find a resort that is near to the 2 golf courses: new kuta and bali golf. as such, probably tuban or nusa dua or jimbaran area is okay as long as i can find a children-friendly resort with a kids' club that i can leave my kids for hours with peace of mind. pls let me know if you have any recommendations! tks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

If your children are 4 and 5 that opens your choice up nicely in Bali. 'I can only comment on the ones that I have stayed at as everyones ideal kids club are different.

In all honesty, if you are looking at leaving your kids in the kids club for a good part of the day then I would be more inclined to recommend Nusa Dua. I am not too sure of the Dynasty as I have not stayed there but friends have and they enjoyed it. Their kids were in there for a few hours each day and enjoyed the activities and water slides etc. They allow your kids to go into the pool area and utilise the slides etc even whilst you are not on sight and they will fully supervise your children. They also do fishing, treasure hunts etc with the kids but again....this is only word of mouth that I know this.

The Patra Hotel does not take the kids outside of the Kids club area, therefor your kids are always within the "Kids club" compound.

The Padma would be the only one that I would feel comfortable leaving my kids in with full peace of mind in the Legian area. The kids do activities outside of the kids club and they get to burn off excess energy with arts and craft, treasure hunts, and playing etc on the great play equipment.

Personally Nusa Dua is my pick and this is where we spend 75% of our holiday. We have stayed at the Nikko hotel and our kids coulcd not get enough of the Jungle Camp. They did daily activities like gathering and picking leaves and flowers etc around the complex and fed the camels daily, they were allowed to go into the big pools(kids area) fully supervised and play volleyball etc. They did balinese dance, dress ups, playdoh and they have even got their own rock climbing frames and indoor climbing forts oout the back that replicate something out of the jungle or Peter Pan...its very cool. It is not free for inhouse guests but the staff were fantastic and they seemed to have more fun than the kids ......highly recommend it....

The Grand Hyatt in Nusa Dua is also great. The kids club is for ages 3 and up (i think) and it is not free once again for inhouse guests but this is along the same lines as the Nikko. The staff are fabulous and I would be more than happy to leave my kids for a few hours here with peace of mind. They do lots of activities with the kids and the kids enjoy plenty of time outside of the kids club compound balanced with activities within the kids club also. These are the only 2 resorts in "Nusa Dua" that we have visited outside of Club Med but they were both fantastic. We have just booked the Westin for 2 weeks with the kids in March as i have heard nothing but good reports also of this hotel and kids club and children factilities.

All of these clubs will take your kids for as many hours as you pay for. I have nnever left my kids in them all day so I am not sure what the proticl is with dinners etc but I am sure that they will feed your children lunch or dinners for an extra fee if needed.

hope this helps........

Cheers.....

Singapore
Level Contributor
324 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

thanks for your valuable feedback! esp the part on Patra whereby the kids only stay indoor at the kids club (would be too boring for my kids!).

after some consideration, i think we would stay in nusa dua for 3 nights for the initial part of our bali trip so we can get a resort hotel with a good kids club. as both my husband and i are planning to golf for 2 days, we would need to leave our kids in the club for at least 5hrs, so definitely need a kids club that can keep our children occupied and whereby we feel safe leaving them there.

i check with Westin nusa dua but their reply is that we can leave them in the kids club but the guests have to remain in the resort. is this true? i saw on Nikko resort website that the Jungle Camp is for kids of 6 year old onwards. is this true? do they also have a kids club for 4-6 year old? is there any good resort hotel in nusa dua with a kids club that we can leave our kids for at least 5hrs while we go out to golf?

does anyone have any experience leaving their children with at kids club for at least 5hrs while you go out of the resort? do let me know.....thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

My son was 4 when we went to the Nikko and they were happy to take him. My daughter was not yet 3 so we have a nanny every year that we leave our younger daughter with if we need to and the nanny goes anywhere my son goes with the kids club. I was under the impression that the Nikko was from ages 4 and up?? We went shopping in Legian a couple of times and left them in there for about 4 hours each time and the guys in the kids club were lovely. They make you fill out a form with information about your child every time and where abouts you are going for the time you will be away ...in case of emergency...we had a mobile that we kept on us at all times.

The Nikko were happy for us to leave the grounds.

I have not stayed at the Westin yet so I am unsure of what their policies aer.

The Hyatt was also happy for us to go do some shopping whilst the kids were in the kids club.

To be honest...I have not heard of a hotel that makes you stay within the grounds if you have children in the kids club. .....in saying that....there is always a first and this could be possible.

Although we did not leave our kids in the kids club at the Padma without us...there were plenty of parents coming and going and they looked prepared for a day of shopping rather than sitting around the pool. The staff were ok with that also.......

Like I said ....I can only comment on those that I have stayed at so the Nikko, Hyatt Nusa Dua and the Padma were all ok with us leaving the grounds of the hotel.

also....

The Padma Hotel took the kids out and around the grounds too but I didn't find them as pro-active as other hotels that I have stayed at with the kids......

Good Luck......

perth
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

ok i have stayed at the dynasty 4 times where we have used the kids club for my son and my 2 nephews when they were young. it is free, excellent and you can leave the hotel whilst they are in there. this in my opinion is one of the best kids clubs in bali. the padma i have heard is very good too, but this is in legian. the hyatt in nusa dua has a good reputation but i think you pay per hour there. all of them would be good choices. i think dynasty and padma are better locations.

Singapore
Level Contributor
324 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

thanks for the feedback!

dynasty looks good (esp prices are very reasonable for a family, <US$200/night for a family room), but it seems the days i wanted are all fully booked :(

padma is way too expensive...>US$600/night for my family of 4! i might as well book Club Med!

i'm also looking at nikko nusa dua. their family room is < US$300/night.

not westin because they do not allow parents to go out of resort while the using the kids club :(

any other alternatives??

Singapore
Level Contributor
324 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

yep, i wrote to Nikko and they have the Jungle Camp program for kids 4-6 year old, and for kids 7-11 year old (THIS they did not put up on their website). kids < 4year old would need a nanny's supervision. that's why i'm considering nikko now. their Jungle Camp program looks interesting (i have them sent me the activities schedule), but i didn't much like it that their lunch is fairly late at 1pm and there is no snack time....my kids takes 5 little meals a day! but this is ok....i will just send them to the kids club with a snack box each.

i've written to Hyatt nusa dua for details for their kids club. so now it seems i have only nikko and hyatt, depending on the room prices.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kids-friendly resort with kids' club in Seminyak or Legian?

Sounds good. You will be happy with both of them...if you are not happy with either of them, look into The Nusa Dua Beach hotel too. This is slightly more expensive from memory than the others and although not staying here, I have heard very good reports also.

If you consider a nanny, we have a very good one that we have been using for a few years now and she was originally from Club Med that we met her...

Good luck......