We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
328 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

Hi,

We'll be staying in Seminyak for 4 nights but thought we would make a day trip to Ubud. I heard that there is plenty to see there. How far is seminyak to ubud and if I were to catch a taxi, how much will it be? Is there a better way to get there other than by car (just wondering)?

Thanks!

dc

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,833 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

It's around an hour, depending on traffic. The best way to go is to hire a driver and then you can stop whenever you like at scencic spots or villages where shops and artisans along the way that catch your eye.

Have a look at the top right hand side of Bali forum page and you will see a list of recommended drivers you can hire, or you can go down on the street in Seminyak and negotiate a price, car and driver to suit you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
328 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

I'm planning a trip to ubud from seminyak. Will shop at sukawati and monkey forest rd. Then will head to ibu oka. After that will go to uluwatu for kexak dance. If I leave seminyak at 12noon. Will I be on time for uluwatu? How far is ubud to uluwatu? What time does kecak dance at uluwatu start?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

I don't understand this great rush some travellers have when they want to 'see' Bali??

Relax, have a nice lunch in Ubud, have a walk around the town, not just the monkey forest.

How can you leave Seminyak at 12 noon, if you are in Ubud for lunch??

Otherwise yes, you can have a quick lunch, drive back to South Bali and get to Uluwatu for the sunset and dance.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,833 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

If you go back through the responses to your previous questions on your own page Suitejoe, you will find that on 10 November you had an answer to this question in regard to distance from the Ubud area to Uluwatu.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,833 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

Here's a link Suitejoe for future reference, of times and distance in Bali:

http://www.filosbali.net/TimesDistances.htm

As per a previous answer to your question, the Kekak dance starts around sunset - 6pmish.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
328 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

Hi,

thanks for the response and suggestions.

Linda... I guess not everyone has the luxury of taking it 'slow' and easy with many days in Bali. Asians don't have that many leave from work, that is. I suppose it's good to take it nice and easy but many travelers still try to do more in a day.

We don't plan to rush but just thought we would spend a day in Ubud area since we are staying in seminyak.

dc

sunderland
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

excellent information many thanks indeed , this will be very usefull during my forth coming holiday in bali. many thanks once again first class.

8. Re: How far is Seminyak to Ubud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 16:16