We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torn between two hotels - Looking for suggestions

New Delhi, India
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Torn between two hotels - Looking for suggestions

Hello Everyone,

We are planning a trip to Bali in next few weeks. Our travel agent has suggested two hotels, we are looking to you fellow travelers for advice on which hotel to go with. Have never been to Bali and have never heard of these hotels thus a bit confused.

Option 1 - Alila Seminyak

Option 2 - Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach

Any recommendations on the two would be very helpful.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Alila Seminyak
Alila Seminyak
1,496 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach
Hotel Indigo Bali...
300 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
5 replies to this topic
australia
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Torn between two hotels - Looking for suggestions

I think, maybe, the Indigo may be a better location. Also Alila seems to be twice the price of Indigo. Perhaps you could have a look at Booking.com site, not necessarily to book with them, but they have a filter, room photos, reviews, hotel facilities, hotel location map and you could compare the two. I have not stayed at either hotel. With the filter you may find other hotels that are appealing.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 10:01
Mentioned in this post
Alila Seminyak
Alila Seminyak
1,496 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torn between two hotels - Looking for suggestions

Hi rohanverma3,

I stayed at Hotel Indigo a few months ago and chose this accommodation for the pools and the location, which is a 1 minute walk to the beach. The swimming pools here are great. I loved the Secret Garden pool and also the main pool has a jacuzzi at the end. It is long enough to do laps. There is also a wonderful toddler's pool with a mini waterfall. The Indigo is located 100 metres from the beach and there is security to get in and out of the gate. A morning swim in the ocean followed by laps in the big pool and a relax in the jacuzzi before a great made to order breakfast was a lovely start to the day. I personally did not like the design of the hotel or the layout of the room. I would visit Hotel Indigo again but only as a Day Guest to use their pools. My 3 day Pay 2 stay including taxes cost the same as an Economy Round the World air ticket.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Torn between two hotels - Looking for suggestions

We walked through the Indigo last month and it looks really impressive.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
575 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torn between two hotels - Looking for suggestions

We stayed at Alila and loved it!!

I booked through Asia Escape Bali who are based in Perth (google them). They actually have a deal on at the moment. My husband and I stayed there for our anniversary and loved the location. We are going back to Bali in a few weeks and staying at Double 6 as it is with our 2 kids this time and so we wanted a 2 bedroom suite.

Mentioned in this post
Alila Seminyak
Alila Seminyak
1,496 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
New Delhi, India
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Torn between two hotels - Looking for suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all your help. We stayed at Indigo and it was great. Lovely property, amazing location. Just one suggestion for the hotel, please do increase the variety in breakfast.

Rest all good.

Reply to: Torn between two hotels - Looking for suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted