We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hout bay questions re renting beach sunbeds and wind

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hout bay questions re renting beach sunbeds and wind

I'm expecting V de C to come back with some great info.as he lives in Hout bay. !

we have now decided to spend a week in Hout bay before starting our 2 week tour of KwaZulu next February.

When we stayed in Camps Bay just before last Xmas it was VERY VERY windy for a few days ,making it uncomfortable to sit out for any length of time. Our week in Hout bay will be a week of relaxation , just for sitting around, admiring the view, reading etc. so my question is

' are there areas of Hout Bay that would be less windy than others should the wind blow up . I'm liking the idea of a balcony overlooking the beach, so Chapman's Peak Hotel is on the list, plus it looks like it is possible to walk out to restaurants at night (if this is advised from a safety point of view) ) .

However, there are some lovely guesthouses with large gardens and views on the surrounding hilsides.

The next question is whether there are sunbeds/umbrellas to rent as there are in Camps Bay ( the only place in SA that I have come across this service)

many thanks

1 reply
Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hout bay questions re renting beach sunbeds and wind

Hi

We have stayed in Hout Bay at the start of the trip for the last 6 years to SA and don't think I have ever noticed any beds to rent on the beach area.

I would suggest you pick a nice relaxing GH with some sitting out area.

Amblewood GH is in a great location up the hill with fantastic views across the bay. But you will need a car.

PM if I can help you with any questions you have.

Caroline

Reply to: hout bay questions re renting beach sunbeds and wind
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hout Bay
More Hout Bay Topics