We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jogging in Hout Bay

Singapore
Level Contributor
615 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Jogging in Hout Bay

hi,

i'll be staying at the Tarragon for a few nights in June, and would like to do a bit of jogging while i'm there.

Will it be safe to jog alone in the mornings or late afternoons? If anyone has a tried and tested route which starts near the Tarragon, I'd love to hear it too.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
The Tarragon
The Tarragon
568 Reviews
Hout Bay, South Africa
Guided Morning Coastal Cycle Tour in...
1 Review
from USD 72.30*
Free Cancellation
Cape Town City Sightseeing by...
2 Reviews
from USD 79.90*
Free Cancellation
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jogging in Hout Bay

Hi there

I am not sure where the Tarragon is situated but for reference to your question, Chapmans Peak drive is not a bad idea for a morning jog.

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Mentioned in this post
The Tarragon
The Tarragon
568 Reviews
Hout Bay, South Africa
Singapore
Level Contributor
615 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jogging in Hout Bay

Hi hank

Thanks for that. The website lists it's address as hunters way, tarragona. Will check out the distance between there and chapman's peak.

I am so looking forward to doing a run in cool weather! Will be a fantastic change from our tropical heat here. :)

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jogging in Hout Bay

Jogging in Hout Bay is perfectly safe both morning & evening. Tarragon is a good stretch form Chapman's Peak Drive, well, it is for me! I prefer to park by the beach & then have a good level run along the beach & the surrounding roads. It's a good 5 kms from Tarragon to the beach & there's a fair amount of "uphill" on the way back!

After your evening run you can recover with a cold draft Windhoek lager at the Chapman's Peak Hotel restaurant bar!! ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Hout Bay
Hout Bay
2,826 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Chapman's Peak Drive
Chapman's Peak Drive
918 Reviews
Western Cape, South Africa
Windhoek
Windhoek
Khomas Region, Namibia
Singapore
Level Contributor
615 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jogging in Hout Bay

thanks!

i'm actually looking for a 5-7 km route, nothing too ambitious since i'm on holiday! :)

5. Re: Jogging in Hout Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2016, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Hout Bay
More Hout Bay Topics