We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Days Of The Week for Wineries

Nt, Australia
Level Contributor
228 posts
16 reviews
Best Days Of The Week for Wineries

Hi all,

We are planning our first trip to Cape Town and Franschhoek in late August - 3 days in each (not enough, I know!) We will fly into Cape Town on a Monday, and we have the option of hiring a car at the airport and driving straight to Franschhoek, then back to Cape Town OR Cape Town first, then Franshoek.

I guess our concern is whether that Monday - Thursday period is okay in Franschhoek ... will the wineries be open etc? Or, are we better off being out there Thursday to Sunday?

Also, I love markets so I am guessing that the weekend would be better for markets in Cape Town??

Really appreciate any thoughts on this little dilemma, thank you.

Leanne

2 replies to this topic
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Best Days Of The Week for Wineries

Not a dilemma at all!

Some wineries close on Sundays but all other days are good.

Franschhoek has a market on Saturdays but it's not that fabulous as to make it worth your while changing all other plans. It's an outdoor market and August can be a wet month, therefore may not be worth it at all.

Nt, Australia
Level Contributor
228 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Best Days Of The Week for Wineries

Thanks Francoise! It's good to know they are open every day (we leave Sunday, so no prob there).

I think we have decided (think and decided in one sentence, lol!) to do Franschhoek on the Thurs-Sun, as there is more likely to be a bit of a crowd rather than during the week ... more people to meet and have a wine with.

Thank you for replying.

Cheers

Leanne

Reply to: Best Days Of The Week for Wineries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted