We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach

1 post
Beach

When does the beach open for swimming in 2017

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
8,218 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Beach

You could go swimming today if you wanted to.

There's no 'opening' date for swimming. Many people head down Memorial Day Weekend, but if there's a 90 degree weekend in April, the beaches would be fairly crowded then too. However, the water temperature is typically chilly until at least June.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
75 reviews
2. Re: Beach

As stated above but, I believe the "pay to enter" beach season starts Memorial day weekend.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: Beach

Lifeguards in Seaside Heights begin patrolling every weekend beginning with Memorial weekend and then every day beginning in mid June. The last day of the season is Labor Day. Lifeguards are present on the beach from 10 AM until 5 PM every day, weather permitting.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Beach

Please, please, PUH~leez do NOT go swimming when there are not lifeguards on duty. For the sake of the ones that love you, depend on you, etc. We do not want you to become a statistic. This story has an end where the girl lives …cbslocal.com/2016/07/19/ac-drowning-public/ Most I've read do not. And I'm pulling an excerpt from this story, it's the very last line: 'If the lifeguards aren’t on duty, it’s not smart to swim ever'

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: Beach

Thank you for posting that rship1. I should have given that warning when I posted # 3. Every year there are drownings when people go in the ocean outside of lifeguard hours.

Sainte-Anne-des-Plai...
Level Contributor
36 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: Beach

... and heres another one...

nj1015.com/coast-guard-suspends-search-for-m…

Why don't people get it??

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,460 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: Beach

It's always been too cold for me to go swimming even as much as a month after the beaches officially open off the Jersey shore. Middle of July it starts to become comfortable but stays that way until as late as October.

Pjk

8. Re: Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights
Recent Conversations