We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flash Pass

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Flash Pass

Hi,

I'm planning on visiting Six Flags Great Adventure in the last week of May on one day out of Monday to Thursday in order to avoid queues.

My ultimate concern is that I only have one day and I'll not be planning to go again for a lifetime - so should I get the flash pass even though I'm going during the week when it's not supposed to be busy. I want to go on all the thrill rides.

1. If the parks not busy should I still get a Flash Pass?

I note someone wrote somewhere 'My rule of thumb is if the El Toro line is to the churro stand in the switchback; get a Flashpass'. If this true and current?

2. Should I avoid Monday as there may be a weekend spillover?

3. Should I avoid Thursday?

4. I'll be with my partner who's not fussed about going on all the rides - she's coming for my sake but will obviously want to be with me. Should I get a Gold Pass and my partner a basic Flash Pass?

5. Should I get a Gold Pass or Platinum?

Thank you in advance.

9 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
317 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Flash Pass

Please check out this link of Six Flags calendar. They are not open every day of the week in May. Your only choice may be Thursdays, depending on your travel week.

Do not go to the park on 5/28 (and maybe even the 29th). This is Memorial Day weekend (a national holiday) and it will be packed.

https:/…park-operating-schedule

I'm sorry. I can't help with Flash Pass advice.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Flash Pass

End of May many schools have their end of year trips and field day trips at Six Flags. This is prime season for the amusement park.

If you plan to ride more than a ride or two, definitely plan to purchase the fast pass.

Also, as already noted May 28 is Memorial Day-high crowds expected.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Flash Pass

OK thank you both of you for your replies. That makes a lot of sense - I'll definitely avoid the weekend of memorial day and perhaps even change my dates to a day between 12-16 June if that will avoid the end of school term rush?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Flash Pass

School is in session in some school districts through the end of June. There is no predicting the busy days. Just be prepared. If purchasing the flash pass understand if there are any limitations to its use.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
317 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Flash Pass

I would suggest getting to the park at least 15 minutes before the park opens. This will allow you to go through security, get your tickets (unless you're getting them online), then get on line for opening.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Flash Pass

Thank you everyone for your replies - they're all helpful.

After doing some more research based on avoiding memorial day I decided to go to six flags on the 29th - the day after memorial day.

I thought it would be empty as everyone should be back to work and otherwise having had a long weekend already.

Sdb4 - why do you think I should avoid the 29th too? I checked the website isitpacked.com which is a theme park crowd tracker and it states the park should be a 'ghost town'.

The only other day I'd be able to go is

Wed June 13th and the website states the crowds are 'alright'....

New Jersey
Level Contributor
317 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Flash Pass

Sometimes families take extra days along with Memorial Day, like the Friday or Tuesday. But that's a maybe. So if you read that it should be low crowds, definitely go for it.

Another item I wanted to point out to you..I see that your partner is not interested in the thrill rides. Great Adventure has a beautiful safari that you tour in open air jeeps. (Included in your ticket price) Maybe that can help the day be more fun for your partner.

Enjoy your day!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Flash Pass

You're right on both points - if it's somewhat to very busy I'll get the flash pass and otherwise yes I planned on whooing my partner with the safari!

Thank you so much for your input and effort and to the other posters again.

Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Flash Pass

Definitely get the flash pass...my daughter had it and said it was well worth the money

Reply to: Flash Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jackson