We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape May in December (after Christmas)

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cape May in December (after Christmas)

We are thinking of driving down to Cape May after Christmas and will need a dog friendly place to stay. I found several by going to www.capemay.com/petfriendlycapemay.html. My concern is activities in the winter. Are there anything our 7 month old puppy can do? Are there any house tours that will allow us to bring him? I know there are eateries with patios that will allow him to be with us, but will it be too cold to eat outside?

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape May in December (after Christmas)

It is going to be cold to eat outside during Dec. I don't think any restaurants will have their patios open. As far as the house tours it will depend on the owners. If your dog is small enough at 7 months perhaps you can carry him. I would check with the owners of the hotel where you are staying, I'm sure they have been asked these questions before. I am sure you can walk along the beach and Washington Mall. You can also take your dog to Light house area. There is a beautiful nature walk there well walking. I hope you and your pup have a wonderful time, sorry I don't have any solid info. Merry Christmas!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,637 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape May in December (after Christmas)

"take your dog to Light house area. There is a beautiful nature walk there well walking"

Sorry, pets are not allowed on nature trail. I wish that they were. We walk our dog in the Lighthouse area frequently. It would be nice to walk the trails, but we have to leave her home when we do.

NOVA
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape May in December (after Christmas)

Forget the Lighthouse area. Take the pup to Sunset Beach and enjoy the lovely bay area. It's beautiful to walk there. Your dog is more than welcome in the Gift Shop there too. He/She will gets lots of attention. They are true dog lovers.

I have 3 kees and own a house on Washington. I love the week between Christmas and New Years. Several retaurants may be an option for the dog depending on the weather. I ate outside at the Mug with my dogs the weekend after Thanksgiving this year. Call ahead.

PM me if you need a sitter. I'll be there until 1/2.

Have an ice day!

NJ
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape May in December (after Christmas)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. We will follow your suggestions.

Keeshond, sounds good. If we need a sitter, we will definitely contact you.

Cape May
Level Contributor
264 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape May in December (after Christmas)

The Depot market has outdoor tables, somewhat protected from the wind.

Higbees beach is also a great place to run the kids. I go most mornings at sunrise.

This time of the year dogs are tolerated most everyplace. It is generally complaint driven. So you should be fine anywhere you go.

Wave if you walk by the Victorian Motel.

6. Re: Cape May in December (after Christmas)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2012, 21:16