We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Reno for short visit..

China
2 posts
Save Topic
Coming to Reno for short visit..

I want to try skiing. Do you have to pack snow clothes?

Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Reno for short visit..

If your coming to ski, it would be advised that you pack snow clothes. You could buy some however the prices would be greatly increased.

american in...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Reno for short visit..

some of the resorts (Northstar I know for certain, others you'd have to check) actually rent clothes. I think they rent pants/bibs, jackets, gloves/goggles, and helmets. It hasn't been a spectacular season, so I'd imagine you could get some good sales though. Shop Reno, not Tahoe though. Sierra Trading Post, Sports Authority, or some of the shops that rent skis would be a good place to start. I'd even check craigslist and you could pick up items for the price of rentals for a few days.

China
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Reno for short visit..

I appreciate the information. I saw on the internet that you could rent clothes for snowmobile riding. Wasn't sure about skiing. Thanks so much.

4. Re: Coming to Reno for short visit..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:41