We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WAX bus to New York New York

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
WAX bus to New York New York

We are staying at NYNY and considering using the WAX bus from the airport. If we have luggage is it a problem. We will have one large suitcase?

Dewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

You will be fine

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k5071…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

Or you can take a $20 cab ride straight to the hotel and not have to coordinate and get on with other people and make stops along the way.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

Thank you

4. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 21:12
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

Check the schedule. The WAX doesn't run that frequently at certain times of the day so you may want to consider alternative transportation if you don't want to wait too long at the airport.

http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/2013/WAX(07-07-13).pdf

I would always take a cab if I was is in your situation and would even do so if I was solo. Comfort and convenience is more than worth the additional cost for me.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

That's odd, because I rode the WAX from the Airport about two weeks ago and it stopped to discharge passengers at the intersection of Tropicana Blvd and Las Vegas Blvd which is where the NYNY hotel is. The bus benches and signs for many buses are at the south entrance of NYNY across Tropicana from Excalibur Hotel. It also stopped at the side entrance of MGM. I think there are additional stops on request if you push the stop button than the major ones shown on their route map, as there are for all the other bus routes. Has anyone else out there been on the bus itself who can verify?

There is never any problem with luggage on the WAX when I've ridden it- it is usually almost empty comming from LAS and lots of room for suitcases.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

From Airport to DT, the WAX does stop at the bus stop next to NYNY. I can confirm that 'cause I rode that bus a year and a half ago from MGM to DT and it did stop at that bus stop.

Pretty sure that's not changing big ....now

wildrose wisconsin
Level Contributor
712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

How long does it take to get to mgm? We are at excaliber is that across the street? Will it be $20.00 to the excaliber in taxi? So $ 2.00 sounds better if it doesn't take forever.

wildrose wisconsin
Level Contributor
712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

How long does it take to get to mgm? We are at excaliber is that across the street? Will it be $20.00 to the excaliber in taxi? So $ 2.00 sounds better if it doesn't take forever.

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WAX bus to New York New York

I have taken the WAX from the airport to downtown a couple times (and back) and also from downtown to the south end of the strip (and back) also a couple times. From the airport to NYNY, it is about 5 minutes. The first scheduled stop after leaving the airport is next to NYNY. There is a stop (if someone calls for it) by the back of MGM (monorail area) on Tropicana Blvd. Return to airport pickup is on Tropicana Blvd outside of the Tropicana.

From airport to downtown is about 20 minutes.

Fare is $20. During peak times, the bus runs every 30 minutes. 60 minutes for non-peak time. We just returned from Vegas last week. Our first two nights were at NYNY. We were planning on catching the WAX bus if we would not have to wait too long for it. By the time we got off the plane, we had missed it by a few minutes (next one was not for another hour), so we cabbed it.

Be aware of another new long haul tactic by the cabbies - I told him NYNY by taking Swenson to Tropicana. Instead of going past LVB on Tropicana and turning right into NYNY, he turned right on LVB and then left at the light between NYNY and Monte Carlo - going the long way around NYNY and also adding extra wait time at the lights. I informed the driver that I had planned on tipping him a bit extra as I knew a short run is not as profitable for him, but since he added $5 to the fare by his unwanted detour, his tip went to that instead.