We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas Dec 2013

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas Dec 2013

Im going to be in Vegas from 20th -18th Dec, will it be cold? snow?

Whats best to do around that time? I was looking at hiring a camper van and driving round the canyon, zion and monument valley. is this advisable in the winter?

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas Dec 2013

The weather in Vegas itself can be very changeable-it does vary from year to year. I have been able to go swimming and another year I have been snowbound overnight with all flights cancelled. (only once in many, years) It is way too soon to find out the weather. 20s to 60s, can be windy or sunny and bright.

As for the parks, the higher elevations do get snow more frequently. I wouldn't try the canyon at all.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,362 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas Dec 2013

Cold and windy are probable

Snow not very probable, it happens but not often at all, it can go several years without snow.

Dec is not a great time to visit the parks weather can be dicey. If you are flexible and can wait and have time, I'd wait to see what the weather is, if its nice go if not dont .

3. Re: Vegas Dec 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 16:19